HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 50 Hip Hop Artists?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Top 50 Hip Hop Artists?

    it might take awhile for some of ya'll to think...but if u serious bout naming them just take your time or whatever...ima have to jot down some names and listen to some albums to decide who my top 50 are..also put why you think they deserve that spot and what album of theirs makes them deserve it.
    Originally Posted by FaB514
    You have to preserve the color of your skin or else everyone will be brown
    Eminem started sucking ass after 8 Mile. He can't rap worth shit now.

    fabbeddockamam

  • #2
    Sorta order, but not realy.

    Nas
    Rakim
    GZA
    Vinnie Paz
    One Be Lo
    Immortal Technique
    Prodigy
    AZ
    Reakwon
    Big L
    Havoc
    Ras Kass
    2pac
    Canibus
    Inspectah Deck
    KRS-One
    Mos Def
    Jay-Z
    Big Pun
    Biggie
    Talib Kweli
    Bizzy Bone
    Terminology
    Sage Francis
    Fabolous

    I'll finish later, to tired lol...
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

    Comment


    • #3
      i remember reading a list of 50 best rappers by this guy on epinions a little while back. I thought it was a pretty good list, worth looking at. Lemme see if i can find it.
      you can't spell thugs without hugs

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.epinions.com/content_4050296964

        Just something to look at, pretty good read.
        you can't spell thugs without hugs

        Comment


        • #5
          I actually madea top 50 list a few months ago there was a lot of ties but I put down my favs... I was gonna make a thread for it but I might put my top 50 up later... I got to go now.
          +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
          JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

          Comment


          • #6
            /\ Dropout, I agree with a majority of that list as far as "dope" MC's in general.
            But the simple fact of the matter is...

            There is NOOOO such thing as a "Greatest MC of all time"... for the simple fact... the VERY simple fact... that theres been FAR to many MCs/Rappers who have influenced the Hip Hop music industry at one time or another. I think... every MC has contributed their parts equally.
            Some have been more famous then others... some are more lyrical... some flow better... some write better... some freestyle better.... some battle better... some have more of a stage presence.
            But as far as ONE MC who is undeniably the "Best"... no such thing.
            That doesn't exist... people can have "opinions" on who they think are their "Favorite"... but they are only opinions. So if you are a "real" Hip Hop fan... you would know that there are FARRRRR to many rappers/MC's to take into consideration... as they have all left their respective marks in the game.
            A list of "50 of the greatest MC's of all time" doesn't do anything justice...
            even a list of the "1000 greatest MC's of all time" wouldn't be fair.
            You could rephrase it two ways...
            "The 50 MOST influential Hip Hip artists"
            or
            "The 50 MOST sucessful Hip Hop artists".
            But... even Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Kris Kross and Special Ed have left HUGE marks on the culture.
            The bottom line is...
            no matter what way you slice it...
            theres WAAAY too many artists who have made an impact of the "Music" aspect of the Hip Hop Culture to justify any kind of "list".
            That also goes for "b-boys, graff artists, beatboxers and DeeJays".

            Hip Hip music is diverse... whether you like a cat 'cause he spits punchlines, stories or just singalong club anthems... all of those things have made Hip Hop music what it is today.

            And personally... thats all I would like more rappers to do with their music today...
            make an impact on the industry and culture...
            and do it using a respectable method of their own.
            ...

            Comment


            • #7
              nah ^ i diss agree with u there not all equal where each of them important there are cleary some rappers - tupac for one who outshines most mc'z
              and alot of shit out today is just copied versions or slightly changed versions of dope old skool shit...
              A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.-- Baltasar Gracian

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 1tuffmothafucka
                nah ^ i diss agree with u there not all equal where each of them important there are cleary some rappers - tupac for one who outshines most mc'z
                and alot of shit out today is just copied versions or slightly changed versions of dope old skool shit...

                Tupac was an incredible MC. But can he rap as fast as Twista? Can he rap "melodic" like Bone Thugz?
                Can he throw punchlines like Lloyd Banks? Would he beat Juice in a televised "Freestyle" battle?
                No... none of the above.
                Now... what Tupac HAS done is pour his heart out in emotional rhymes...
                while bringing energy and a certain rebellious attitude to the table. No other MC is quite like him in that respect.

                Buttttt.... the point is.... EVERY MC/RAPPER has brought something to the table... from the Smooth Tha Hustla's /Trigga the Gamblers "Broken Language"... to Nas's breathtaking concept "I Gave U Power" to Redman's off the wall funky out of pocket punchlines and humorous persona...
                believe me... Hip Hop WOULD BE STALE IF EVERYONE RAPPED THE SAME WAY.... SO THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "BEST" OR "GREATEST" OF ALL TIME.

                In other words... I respect your opinion... but its cleared flawed kid.
                As mine probably is... but I still remain confident that my statement holds more weight because...
                simply... its true.
                Is Elton John better then Phil Collins?
                It just comes down to a matter of taste and opinion.

                Lists like these are ridiculous and completely without basis.
                ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Captain Crunk
                  Tupac was an incredible MC. But can he rap as fast as Twista? Can he rap "melodic" like Bone Thugz?
                  Can he throw punchlines like Lloyd Banks? Would he beat Juice in a televised "Freestyle" battle?
                  No... none of the above.
                  Now... what Tupac HAS done is pour his heart out in emotional rhymes...
                  while bringing energy and a certain rebellious attitude to the table. No other MC is quite like him in that respect.

                  Buttttt.... the point is.... EVERY MC/RAPPER has brought something to the table... from the Smooth Tha Hustla's /Trigga the Gamblers "Broken Language"... to Nas's breathtaking concept "I Gave U Power" to Redman's off the wall funky out of pocket punchlines and humorous persona...
                  believe me... Hip Hop WOULD BE STALE IF EVERYONE RAPPED THE SAME WAY.... SO THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "BEST" OR "GREATEST" OF ALL TIME.

                  In other words... I respect your opinion... but its cleared flawed kid.
                  As mine probably is... but I still remain confident that my statement holds more weight because...
                  simply... its true.
                  Is Elton John better then Phil Collins?
                  It just comes down to a matter of taste and opinion.

                  Lists like these are ridiculous and completely without basis.
                  Great post.
                  Originally posted by SteWonYou
                  sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
                  Originally posted by Temerity
                  understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
                  Originally posted by Nianco
                  Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    my list...i'll put up 5 now....they might not be in order, im just numbering them (and some of them may be just by influence)...for the last fucking time, IT IS NOT IN ORDER!!!

                    50. Mase
                    Reason: 24 Hrs....that song was sick....anybody who could get all those dope MCs together on a track like that deserves a spot...also Harlem World was dope as hell...and he woulda been higher if his last album Welcome Back wasn't so whack and such a dissapointment. It's also sad that Mase is signing with G-Unit, but it is what it is.
                    Album: Harlem World

                    49. Immortal Technique
                    Reason: Dance With the Devil....... that song was so fucking ill...who could come up with that shit? IT probably deserves a higher spot but im just tryna fit him in somewhere cuz i dont wanna forget him.
                    Album: Revolutionary Vol. 1, Revolutionary Vol. 2

                    48. Snoop Dogg
                    Reason: This cat had such an influence on Hip Hop...and him spitting over Dre's beats was even better...all he had to do was spit the first bar of Nuttin But a G Thang: "1, 2, 3, and to the 4/Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at the do'..." Sadly he has fallen off ALOT.
                    Album: Doggystyle

                    47. Bone Thugs N Harmony
                    Reason: These dudes put Cleveland on the map...they just plain dope Hip Hop, still dropping nothing but hot shit....
                    Albums: 1999 Eternal, The Art of War

                    46. NWA
                    Reason: They introduced the world to gangsta rap (actually Ice T was the O.G.) but still they dropped a classic album *****z4Life...Str8 Outta Compton was dope too...Fuck tha police...somebody needed to say it and they did...props to them.
                    Albums: Straight Outta Compton, Efil4zaggin

                    45. Saigon
                    Reason: He ain't been around long enough for him to be any higher but damn in due time this dudes gonna blow up huge...he's the future, maybe even the next Pac, well i aint gonna go that far but you get what i mean...
                    Albums: Abandoned Tracks Vol. 1-3

                    44. Canibus
                    Reason: Dude went head to head with one of the best (LL Cool J) and put up a good fight...One of the illest lyricists alive today...dope albums too
                    Albums: Rip the Jacker, Mic Club

                    43. Eminem
                    Reason: There's a couple of reasons....Reason one, if i didnt put him on my list I'd just be hating cuz as much as i hate on him, some of his shit is good....MMLP is one of the few albums i can listen to without skipping a track...SSLP was a good debut but not great...TES is his best album IMO...and he did attract a wider fanbase to Rap (Pop i mean)...He's fallen off aloooooooootttttttt though.
                    Albums: Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show
                    Last edited by Professor RT; 08-23-2005, 05:00 PM.
                    Originally Posted by FaB514
                    You have to preserve the color of your skin or else everyone will be brown
                    Eminem started sucking ass after 8 Mile. He can't rap worth shit now.

                    fabbeddockamam

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ^ fo sho poppy white boy
                      Originally posted by ZoG
                      If hip hop is dead, what are you doing here?


                      REAL TALK.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lmao at saigon being the next pac...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jurassic Crunk
                          http://www.epinions.com/content_4050296964

                          Just something to look at, pretty good read.
                          That's a good list
                          I agree with most MC's on that list, not all.

                          Originally posted by Professor RT
                          46. NWA
                          Reason: They introduced the world to gangsta rap (actually Ice T was the O.G.) but still they dropped a classic album *****z4Life...Str8 Outta Compton was dope too...Fuck tha police...somebody needed to say it and they did...props to them.
                          Albums: Straight Outta Compton, Efil4zaggin
                          N.W.A. is a group... you can't put a group on your list, that's like putting the entire Wu-Tang Clan on #1.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jurassic Crunk
                            http://www.epinions.com/content_4050296964

                            Just something to look at, pretty good read.
                            #24. Ras Kass.

                            In my eyes, Ras Kass is unquestionably the finest lyrical lyricist of the modern rap generation. No other artist – bar Common – can match his sheer ability with words. He has made a career of poetic, vicious rhyming sprees that exude wit, charisma and confidence all at the same time. Soul on Ice, his masterpiece solo album, is the best example of this in rap history… the trouble you might have finding it is tantamount to the flawed genius image of Ras. Controversial with his views on the Government, race and history, as well as someone who has severe scrapes with major labels and the law, Ras is an enigma whose potential has remained largely untapped. What’s been exposed is more than enough to propel him high, high up.

                            Essential Listening: “Soul on Ice” (1996), "Van Gogh





                            Great thread RT I will post a start on my top 50 later.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NiggyFromDaBK
                              ^ fo sho poppy white boy
                              shut the fuck up....its top 50 asshole...the better ones are gonna be in the bottom....
                              Originally Posted by FaB514
                              You have to preserve the color of your skin or else everyone will be brown
                              Eminem started sucking ass after 8 Mile. He can't rap worth shit now.

                              fabbeddockamam

                              Comment

                              Post ad widget 300x250

                              Collapse

                              LATEST POSTS

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:30 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by ketoslim5, Today, 07:57 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ketoslim5  
                              Started by ketoslim5, Today, 07:55 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ketoslim5  
                              Started by justinalaniz, Today, 07:33 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post justinalaniz  
                              Started by natures, Today, 05:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post natures
                              by natures
                               
                              Started by natures, Today, 05:35 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post natures
                              by natures
                               
                              Started by hiweefhn, Today, 05:34 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post hiweefhn  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 04:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Smilert, Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                              1 response
                              7 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post noahharry  
                              Working...
                              X