HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, Do You Really Think You'll Accept DETOX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, Do You Really Think You'll Accept DETOX?

Before you ask where's the news...here it is:
    The official Busta Rhymes site had uploaded the new Busta Rhymes track...
    http://www.bustaonline.com/

and now.....

Be honest and detailed with your discussion. I've been thinking for some time how Dr. Dre wants to do somthing very differrent and creative for the DETOX sound, hence the title. He wants to leave a dent in music the way his previous two album did. Each Chronic album was musically differrent than what everyone else was doing in Hip Hop, and many started copying his style.

The things is, there have been many debates and delimas regarding how far Dre wants to take his DETOX orchastra. The pressure and hype is huge for this album. And most peoples expectations for this album is higher than the sky. There have been reports of Dre experimenting with DETOX to create a new sound in Hip Hop and music in generel. But when it comes to experimental creativity, there is a high risk of going over the audiences heads.

So my queston to you is...

If DETOX were a concept album, that was musically differrent than anything you were used to... would you be dissapointed, or would you accept it ?

Or would you want DETOX to just be a very dope album, with typical Dre production that you are used to?

Or maybe you want Dre to give you another Chronic or 2001 musically ?

What exactly are you expecting, or wanting from the DETOX sound ?

discuss ::
    Aftermathmusic.com MySpace ! http://myspace.com/aftermathmusiccom
    You Must Go To : www.aftermathmusic.com www.aftermathmusic.info !!

I never doubt Dre, he's the real rap genious. Both Chronic albums are insane, i have faith in Dre.

IN DRE WE TRUST!
    Go CANADA

Comment

i want some new shit in hip hop everything is the same now its getting boring ill accept it

Comment

I don't want it to sound just like Dre's older shit, but I sure don't want it to sound like what he's been doing in the past two or three years. It's not that those beats are bad, it's just that they don't live up to his standards and you can tell he's been saving his best material for Detox. So basically, Detox is gonna be his final legacy before we have to live in an unfortunate world where hip hop music doesn't have Dr. Dre.

As far as what I want it to be, I'll leave that to him. I don't want to project what I would do as a producer onto my expections of this album. If you gave me a sound studio you would get your money's worth compared to most rap producers these days, but compared to what Dre has proven himself capable of just about anything would sound like shit. I just hope it's mind-blowing.
        Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 08-23-2005, 07:29 PM.
        "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

I don't think Dre has ever let down fans and hes never put out wack shit so Detox is gonna be as good as we think it will.
          Ardoyne

Comment

cant wait for it.. the sound is gonna be crazy i bet.. he raises the bar in production after every album..
            MYSPACE

Comment

its gonna be the biggest and best hip hop album in a long time, if no ever, its DR FUCKIN DRE ffs,end of discussion

Comment

I want it to be something completely and utterly different. How hard that is is undefined I know.

But I have trust in Dre. I honestly believe he is a musical genuis. If anyone could do it he could.

If it was a concept album, that would be interesting to see how he would take it.

All I know is that I want that damn album already!
                "You wanna be the one in control
                You wanna be the one who's alive
                You wanna be the one who gets old
                It's not a matter of luck - it's just a matter of time

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel01

What exactly are you expecting, or wanting from the DETOX sound ?

discuss ::

i'm expecting it will never be released

god enough with the dre spamming

Comment

I don't know sometimes i think it will be wack. To Be Honest with you I haven't like most of dre's production within the last 3 years. I like Dre's westcoast beats not the eastcoast beats he makes for 50 and em. But Its Dre and he makes sure that his album is hot so we will just have to wait and see.

Comment

Like his last album, this one will appear when hip hop seems to have hit absolute rock bottom (namely now) and hopefully breathe life into it. Because beats now are pretty much garbage, but Dre's beats always have this kind of class to them that's beyond gangsta rap or any kind of hip hop, they're just great music. Lately Dre's beats haven't been like that so much, they're simply good hip hop beats, so like I said I think he's just been saving his best ideas for his album.
                      "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Luciano
                        Like his last album, this one will appear when hip hop seems to have hit absolute rock bottom (namely now) and hopefully breathe life into it. Because beats now are pretty much garbage, but Dre's beats always have this kind of class to them that's beyond gangsta rap or any kind of hip hop, they're just great music. Lately Dre's beats haven't been like that so much, they're simply good hip hop beats, so like I said I think he's just been saving his best ideas for his album.
                        Yeah I agree with you.

Dre needs to save hip hop. He has the talent to do so.
                        "You wanna be the one in control
                        You wanna be the one who's alive
                        You wanna be the one who gets old
                        It's not a matter of luck - it's just a matter of time

Comment

Dre knows what he's doing this is what he's best at. He knows what rappers to put on his cd, and what verses to put where. Any cd he's overseen has always done extremely well, any case with just providing a beat an most people go an fuck it up.
                          you don't know the technique so don't tell lies, i'll shoot your mom in the back an fuck the bullet wound until she dies

Comment

All Dre albums are classics.
                            I admit his production has went down hill a little lately but on his own albums all production is flawless.
                            And this being his last album you can bet that everything is on point from guest spots to production and lyrics.
                            Detox will probably be the all time Hip-Hop classic.
                            Dre will prevail on what Kanye has failed on.
                            Originally posted by Ifbbita
                            as for this thread, I was thinking about buying a 500 Smith and Wesson Magnum. With hollow tip rounds, you can blast a hole through Jesus...
                            Fucking Awesome

Comment

Didn't Dre say that Eminem will produce 6 tracks for that album?I'm sure I've heard that somewhere...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:22 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:42 AM