HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Digger vs. Foolish Pride (and the double standard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Digger vs. Foolish Pride (and the double standard)

I was listening to the last part of Gold Digger, where Kanye says "and when he blows up, he'll leave your ass for a white girl" and it occured to me that the message of the song (or that part, at least) is basically the same as Foolish Pride's (the Eminem racist song). Now, what I want to know is how come the Source, Steve Harvey, Jesse Jackson and the black panthers didn't go out of their way to try and ruin Kanye's career. True, Kanye is black, but still... It's just as racist as Eminem saying "Black girls only want your money". In fact, that's basically what the song indicates. I think it's retarded that everyone overlooks negative things that a person says when it's geared toward his own group, but as soon as an "outsider" to that group comes and says virtually the same thing, he's automatically chastised and hailed as some sort of biggot/hater to that group. I'm not trying to defend Eminem. I'm aware that what he said may have been worse than Kanye's statement, but again, in retrospect, it's the same shit! So why does Eminem get the finger waived at him and Kanye gets thrown into heavy rotation and rewarded with MTV airplay? BTW, I'm not hating on Kanye either, I'm a fan both the aforementioned artists' work. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the world wouldn't be so unnecessarily complicated (or hate-filled) if everyone just tried to view eachother as equals instead of Krackerz, spics and n!ggers. heh, like that's ever gonna happen. .
    Last edited by Pyro-X; 08-28-2005, 01:21 AM.
    Ever notice that only the best die (Pac, Big Pun, Big L)? For once, I'd like to see "Jarule was capped today, after a bad Tupac impersonation", or "This just in- Nelly was found smelly with a full clip in his belly" You know, something that wouldn't make me sad. Well, we can only hope right?

If Eminem said "White girls suck", he wouldn't have gotten the "finger waved at him".

It's just how it works.
    Boston Celtics
    New England Patriots
    Boston Red Sox

Hi haters.

Comment

I don't think "Gold Digger" was on the level of that old Eminem freestyle, but if you want something that is check out Ice Cube's "Cave Bitch." Plus it's more vicious than that old Eminem tape because it's actually good. But honestly, I think it boils down to you wouldn't have a black country singer singing "I hate crackers." But what's crazy is that rappers diss black women all the time (much more common than songs like "Cave Bitch") but when Eminem did it it's the end of the world. Not saying he shouldn't have apologized for that, it was a good idea that he did, but still.
      Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 08-28-2005, 01:33 AM.
      "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=243040
        "Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.. Thats God Damn Right"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SamueleRiley, Today, 02:24 AM
        1 response
        0 likes