HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Immortal Technique the most slept on artist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Immortal Technique the most slept on artist?

my goon put me on to him like a year ago...i first heard his second album Revoluntionary vol.2...i've been a fan since...he's never really been mentioned...is he the most slept on artist?...opinions please....
    "Stick-up kids, kidnap, switch up cribs
    It's still crazy how them cocksuckers hit up Big
    'Pac is gone, the state of hip-hop is wrong
    You want more then long on to A-Z dot com" -AZ

Originally posted by Prophetic::Poet
    my goon put me on to him like a year ago...i first heard his second album Revoluntionary vol.2...i've been a fan since...he's never really been mentioned...is he the most slept on artist?...opinions please....

slept on? [email protected] is you crazy?? IT has a fanbase that is growing. really he has foundations because he's reached more than just fans of hip hop but works with actual organizations that reach out to him for help. He was on the frontlines when hot97 pulled that tsunami bullshit...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTmr...iphop%20speech

and just recently he was contacted from L.A. to help a latino community fight the city to restore farm that the city wants to turn into a landfied.

so i guess he's slept on from mainstream outlets (commercial radio, mtv/bet). but how many independent artists arent ignored nowadays? staying independent is almost like another way of saying you choose to be blackballed from the corporate machine. but IT has buzz on the underground railroad. so basically the industry sleeps on him because they have no interest in him. but fans dont...

but honestly tho, one day mtv will appreciate the buzz he created himself and try to sneak their way into givin him airplay. they'll do somethin like mention him in a couple articles every now and then and maybe show a snippet of him in an interview. they'll try to pretend like they gave him support all along. just watch how it plays out...

just like the source who gave him unsigned hype. they mention him a couple times every now and then. but if benzino was really serious about hip hop being under emergency and all that, the best thing he couldve done would be to put IT on the cover....but instead they claimed to be all about taking out corporate dominance, yet they kept putting the same gimmicks on the cover...idiots

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Comment

Thanks for that infomation fam...i didn't know that he's doing all that..but i was asking from a hip hop P.O.V...his followiing is growing...i did read he was and always have been politically involved....but not alot of heads i know or on many messageboards even know who he is...just like me a year or so ago...

Thats why i asked is he the most slept on rapper.....
      "Stick-up kids, kidnap, switch up cribs
      It's still crazy how them cocksuckers hit up Big
      'Pac is gone, the state of hip-hop is wrong
      You want more then long on to A-Z dot com" -AZ

Comment

Well he's not. Question answered.

Comment

Dude has a big head for not selling more than 100,000 records. He really needs to chill and put himself into check before I can respect him.
          ~STRANGE MUSIC, INC~

Tech N9ne, Kutt Calhoun, Big Krizz Kaliko, Prozak, Grave Plott, Skatterman & Snug Brim

ALL ALBUMS IN STORES NOW!!!

Comment

every artist that isn't on MTV, BET or VH1 on the regular is slept on in someone's eyes.

Comment

I just got back from an Immortal Technique show. I could tell you firsthand that he is not the most slept on and actually has a very large underground following. In fact, after his set half the crowd left before Styles P even came on stage.

On a side note, IT said he will be releasing a mixtape with Green Lantern before Middle Passage drops.

Comment

His Fanbase imo is growing but not like those 1 hit wonder pplz on like MTV and Stuff. One reason that people think he slept on because he don't want to get sign with a major label then do like this major MV or advertisement. ( i remember he once decline the offer to sign to shady aftermath but imo Dre Beat with I.T = 2:032 ). However nothing can really stop good music from being pass on without the help of err advertisement (for example i think N.W.A and Wu Tang Clan set such a precedent), so yeah it will grow.

Comment

I´d almost go as far as to say he´s one of the most famous underground artists...if that makes sense really. He´s not mainstream by any means, but a lot of people know about him. Almost everyone I ask who listens to even the slightest bit of underground rap know of him, and he has quite a few fans
                  My Soundclick
                  http://www.soundclick.com/Nicolai

Myspace
                  http://www.myspace.com/nicolaim

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                    Dude has a big head for not selling more than 100,000 records. He really needs to chill and put himself into check before I can respect him.

Name a cat that sells as much as he does with absolutely no promotion.

Kansas
                    City Chiefs: 5-3

Los
                    Angeles Lakers: 7-0

Comment

Technique's the shit!

On a side note, IT said he will be releasing a mixtape with Green Lantern before Middle Passage drops.
                      That's nice
                      RIP Keith Guru Elam: July 17, 1966 April 20, 2010: Your voice will not be forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolai
                        I´d almost go as far as to say he´s one of the most famous underground artists...if that makes sense really. He´s not mainstream by any means, but a lot of people know about him. Almost everyone I ask who listens to even the slightest bit of underground rap know of him, and he has quite a few fans
                        Exactly, almost everybody on this board knows of him, and tho he won't sell to the typical mainstream community, he has developed a big fanbase for someone with such little promotion. And if he keeps improving his flow and changes the subjects of his raps occasionally, he could be great
                        Ctrl + Alt + ELITE!!!!!!
                        Originally posted by ߞ m
                        Congrats and thanks for the shoutout.

Comment

No, infact there are few rappers talked more about on this forum than IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizz
                            No, infact there are few rappers talked more about on this forum than IT.
                            lol yea true. some people like RondellBeene gets annoyed when people talk about Tech. but honestly the internet is the only place where independent artist get buzz. i mean they also have independent radio, but you cant google the radio like you can google the internet. i think some people feel like IT oversaturates discussions, but honestly i think its good because it will eventually open people's ears to other artists...

im not gonna front, i was a big eminem fan before he sold his soul to Jimmy Iovine. i signed up to d12world to get more info on Em. and because of these forums, i got my ear on all kinds of artists now. out here in Columbus we give no love to underground artists. if it wasnt for the internet i would probably be bumpin Fresh Azimiz

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Comment

no he is not

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes