Clear All

• The_Realness
    replied
    none other than TOO $HORT!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rodamón
    replied
    Originally posted by devil_may_care View Post
    Don't judge me too harshly. Remember I'm not a Hip-Hop head and have only been listening to it for 2-3 years. I wasn't even alive when most people in this thread's favourite rappers were at their prime. So of course I'm going to to be biased towards the people I hear on the radio.
    dont worry, u don thave to listen every underground guy to be a real hip hop head. some people thinks it (im not talkin bout sebas) and its not true.

Leave a comment:

• Rodamón
    replied
    Nas, Jay Z, Busta, Eminem, Dr. Dre and Ice Cube of course, Snoop Dogg, Rakim, Nate Dogg, LL Cool J...

but i guess the mos timportant is

Afrika Bambaataa, fo sho.

Leave a comment:

• Jmax
    replied
    dre

Leave a comment:

• S|imShady
    replied
    Originally posted by azad136 View Post
    thats not contoversial at all, Masta Ace is a living legend.
    I know he is man, I meant controversial as in nobody is going to agree with me - Ace doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Leave a comment:

• EatShytFukker
    replied
    .................................................. .....Jigga-----Nas............................................... ........
    ...........................................Dr. Dre----------------Wu-Tang..........................................
    ................................Eminem------------Ice Cube-----------Public Enemy.........................
    ...................Common--------------------------------------------------------Snoop Dogg.........

Meh, I'm not such a big fan of Rakim or KRS-One. I think they're brilliant but neither of them have any really distinguishing features.

Isn't my pyramid pretty?
    I think your pyramid is going to collapse. Ice Cube is just kind of floating there. Heh.

Really, a legend should have been arond for a while. As far as Eminem is concerned, he just graduated to pull-ups. He hasn't put out enough material, or enough consistant material, to be considered a legend. I don't think a legend has room to fall off. A legend should be on point for almost their entire career. There's always room for error such as Nas' Nastradamus which to me was a horrible album, but Nas bounced back from it. Until Em steps it back up I don't think he can be considered a legend.

Nas is definitely a legend in my book. Jay-Z, while I don't really personally like the majority of his music, I have to consider him a legend also, based on time in the game and popular opinion. 2pac is definitely a legend for obvious reasons. DMX made a name for himself but in my opinion started going down the same path that Eminem is on plus he never did anything stand out to help change/further hiphop. Eminem atleasted help further along the introduction to white rappers being accepted in mainstream. Everyone knows NWA and what they did for Gangsta/West Coast hiphop. Wu Tang as a group including solo but not based on just solo. I don't think any one member could have surpassed the hands of time on their own to make legendary status without first getting the push from the group effort. There's more but I'm writing a book so fuck it.

Leave a comment:

• devil_may_care
    replied
    Well! That settles it.

Um.

Leave a comment:

• sebAZ
    replied
    Don't judge me too harshly. Remember I'm not a Hip-Hop head and have only been listening to it for 2-3 years. I wasn't even alive when most people in this thread's favourite rappers were at their prime. So of course I'm going to to be biased towards the people I hear on the radio.
    I started listening to Hip-Hop in 2003/2004, I also wasn't alive or was just a lil kid when most people in this thread's favourite rappers were at their prime.

But it's okay, everyone has its taste.

Leave a comment:

• YaYo91
    replied
    Originally posted by S|imShady View Post
    I'll be controversial and say Masta Ace.
    Naw, this is controversial.

The Game

"I'm joking, or am i?"

Leave a comment:

• dreftsnoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Linkin Pac View Post
    Neither have released anything in 2007 yet.
    And Eminem > Nas overrall.
    I understand its all opinion but NaS has arguably released the most Great songs ever by any hip-hop artist, pick any album of his and there are 2 or more classic songs, even nastradamus (Come Get Me & Project Window).

In Conclusion NaS > Eminem IMO

Leave a comment:

• Linkin Pac
    replied
    ^ Well, the topic is about the greatest living legend in hip hop, so shouldn't that encompass the artists' entire work throughout their career rather than just their most recent material? I think Nas is good and all and respect that Illmatic meant a lot to several people, but other than that I think Nas' work is just decent. Good but not too good. SSLP and MMLP are both classics IMO, and Eminem Show is really good too.

Another thing is that Eminem drew me into hip hop, so I know I have a little bias towards him. But I'm sure he did that for a lot of hip hop listeners, and that should count for something.

Leave a comment:

• Classic
    replied
    ^^LMFAO.

are u serious?. maybe i would have said that in '99.. but now in this desperate time of morning of hip-hop Eminem is one of the fruit loops destroying it, along with 80% of the south. so no, ur opinion is not VALID. i respect it i guess, but damn son.

1.Jigga
    2.Nas
    3.Rakim
    4.Snoop
    5.Outkast
    6.Dre
    7.Krs-One

Leave a comment:

• Linkin Pac
    replied
    Originally posted by dreftsnoop View Post
    NaS in 2007 > Eminem in 2007
    Neither have released anything in 2007 yet.

And Eminem > Nas overrall.

Leave a comment:

• GunitShadyFan
    replied
    Jay-Z and Eminem, the only rappers alive that have made a name for their untouchable skills AND mass commercial success.
    damn, great point

Leave a comment:

• dreftsnoop
    replied
    ^ Very nice, Eminem and Nas should be switched IMO though.
    NaS in 2007 > Eminem in 2007

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Deborahlanker, 06-11-2021, 09:21 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post Nancystarkman  
Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 09:19 AM