When Did You Enter Hip Hop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Did You Enter Hip Hop?

When did every1 start listening to rap, how old were you, and what was the rap song that made you really get into it?(drop some knowledge)
    im asking because i think that people who started listening to it around the same time have similar opinions about it and i wanna see if im right..
    I cant help my laughter as she cries
    my soul brings tears
    to angelic eyes
    and miles away my mother cries
    omnipotence nurturing malevolence

im only 16 right now, but i started listening to rap alot when "tha Crossroads" came out by bone thugz, i think i was in 4th grade. that song was fukkin 4real......... i was only 9 so i didnt start gettin what was goin on till i was like 13
    my soul brings tears
    to angelic eyes

Comment

well fo me it was like at tha age of 8-10 wen i first started and basically cuz a whole bunch of stuff was happenin bac then.... so listening to 2pac played a big part on my lifestyle.....feelin me, aight then holla bac ~1~
      *xqute~Mm*
      "it's not about east or west, it's about *****z and bitchez, power and money, ridaz and punks, which side are you on?"

Comment

the first time i heard hip hop was kriss kross (sad right?) when i was about 5. i knew all they songs inside and out (even sadder) but after i got bored fot heir albums, i listened to oldies for a while.

the first time i really heard hip hop though, was when i was about 7-9 when i heard "changes" by tupac. thats when i fell inlove wit hip hop. i have been a medium fan ever since, but in the last 2 years i been into it real heavy. i'm 15 now
        AIM: Bighurtboy

Check out some real HIP-HOP! CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED!

check out my raps:
        http://www.soundclick.com/medicinman

Comment

props to bootlegg310 for a good thread
          AIM: Bighurtboy

Check out some real HIP-HOP! CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED!

check out my raps:
          http://www.soundclick.com/medicinman

Comment

in 96...first rap song i ver heard was "RimeDeBine" (in english: RhymesForGood)) by a romanian rap band R.A.C.L.A...its straight raw rap shit, not no fake shit u hear in america nowdays...after that i started gettin into alot of romanian rap, then i had a connec that used to get burned tapes(yeah it was horrible) from "outsied" that u couldnt get "inside"...so he let me burn 1(again) for 1 empty tape exchange..my first ever english rap tape was "Cypress Hill - Temple Of Boom" that came out in 95, i was lovin it, so then i got Ice Cube's "Amerikkka's most wanted" then some Rakim and Eric B shit, KRS-1 2Pac etc.....

alot of mudafuckin groupies are gonna claim they were rap fans since they 80's, but the fact is, 85% of this board started listening to rap in 1999 when SSLP came out
            Last edited by Vexx; 04-06-2003, 08:17 PM.
            Vexx, bitch.

Comment

Puffy's "I'll be missin you".
              __ B__B__B__ __ __ __I__ __N __ __ __ __ __N__ __ __G__G__ __ __Y__ __ __ __Y__
              __ B __ __ __B__ __ __I__ __N__N__ __ __ __N__ __G__ __ __G__ __Y__ __ __ __Y__
              __ B __ __ __ __B__ __I__ __N__N__ __ __ __N__G__ __ __ __ __G__Y__ __ __ __Y__
              __ B __ __ __ __B__ __I__ __N__N__ __ __ __N__G__ __ __ __ __G__Y__ __ __ __Y__
              __ B __ __ __ __B__ __I__ __N__ __N__ __ __N__G__ __ __ __ __ __ __Y __ __ Y__ __
              __ B __ __ __B__ __ __I__ __N__ __N__ __ __N__G __ __ __ __ __ __ __Y__ __Y__ __
              __ B __ __ __B__ __ __I__ __N__ __N__ __ __N__G __ __ __ __ __ __ __Y__ __Y__ __
              __ B__B__B__ __ __ __I__ __N__ __ __N__ __N__G __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __Y__ __ __
              __ B __ __ __B__ __ __I__ __N__ __ __N__ __N__G __ __G __G__G__ __ __Y__ __ __
              __ B __ __ __B__ __ __I__ __N__ __ __N__ __N__G__ __ __ __ __G__ __ __Y__ __
              __ B __ __ __ __B__ __I__ __N__ __ __ __N__N__G__ __ __ __ __G__ __ __Y__ __ __
              __ B __ __ __B__ __ __I__ __N __ __ __ __ __N__ __G__ __ __G__ __ __ __Y__ __ __
              __ B__B__B__ __ __ __I__ __N __ __ __ __ __N__ __ __G__G__ __ __ __ __Y__ __ __

Comment

thx medicin

yo i got some philosophy rite now, tell me wut u think--
                my fav rapper is eminem, but i aint a groupie cuz i recognize that he aint perfect or nothin, plus i keep an open mind and i try to learn more about rap all the time, and i dont start dissin fools for disagreeing with me, which is what a gang of groupies do, and that is why the veterans have a problem with these "groupies" cuz they have all these strong opinions with no way to backemup.
                so to those longtime listeners who got their finger on the trigger, i say --let up on the groupies and try to teach them so they can be enlighted like you, then maybe in the future, real rap will win on the radio and junk--
                To all the alleged and accused groupies (if you have been accused of groupie this means YOU) i say --dont say ANYTHING without having something to back it up with(e.x. SHUTUP EVRYONE KNOWS BIG IS THE BEST!), and try to learn all about rap before making your opinions that you seem to be so stuck in
                my soul brings tears
                to angelic eyes

Comment

yeah i agree with u...i mena, i tell groupies the truth by dissin them like "no u stupid dumbass, 2pac did this..bla bla" and shit like that, and hopefuly they learn..the eaziest way for a new rap fan to find shit out is to ask a question nicely, then most vets will answer nicely too but if u walk aroud saying dumb ignorant shit like "EMINEM IS THE BEST RAPPER EVER. I LOVE HIM!!!" and all that gay shit, then ofcourse peeps will diss u cuz the only reason u say that is cuz eminem is the only rapper u ever heard, and wanna hear!

namsayin?
                  Vexx, bitch.

Comment

yea 4real
                    my soul brings tears
                    to angelic eyes

Comment

I prolly first heard some MC Hammer or some Kris Kross shit. But that didnt' get me into hip hop. The first time I heard "Nuthin' But a G thang" by Dre and Snoop, that captured me. From there, I was a hip-hop fan, in particular, a snoop and dre fan. And ya know what? I still am. HOLLA
                      Snoop Dogg "Nuthin but a G thang"- "You never know she could be earnin' her man, and learnin' her man/ and at the same time burning her man/ now you know i aint' with that shit Lieutenant/ ain't no pussy good enough to get burnt while I'm up in it"

Common "sum shit I wrote": "My style is steep, I rip rhymes on the incline/ splat guts, bust fat nuts, and lay up like a crypt line."

Eminem- "just to get to see an MC who breathes so freely/
                      Ease over these beats and be so breezy/ Jesus how can shit be so easy?/ How can one Chandra be so Levy?"

Originally posted by yummyangel
                      topdogg--dude youre hott
                      Topdoggkyle Fan Club:
                      President: hawtlilchick27
                      Vice Pres.: shadyvsbizkit
                      #1 fan: Sierra69
                      #2 fan: x-press
                      Official Groupie: Thug Biatch

Comment

For me it was the "doin time" remix with Sublime and Pharcyde.

The first Hip-hop album I bought was Illmatic.

That's the shit that really hooked me.
                        "I mention, nuthin but the real shit presentin/the hollow tip 4-41st side convention"- Havoc

"Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin/Cause in my physical, I can express through song/Delete stress like Motrin, then extend strong/I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell/From the spliff that I lift and inhale"- Nas

Comment

Probably Coolios' "Gangstas Paradise" then i just kept listenin

Comment

I got into hiphop when I first heard 'Insane in the brain' by Cypress Hill, and that was like in '94, and I've been hooked ever since I bought their Black Sunday album.

"And no matter how hard it gets, no one truly prefers death...
                            and if the hurt ends, you're sure blessed...
                            ....remember the determination of your first step"

Comment

Nas - NY State Of Mind, that was '94 i was 10
                              Last edited by Derty Promo; 04-07-2003, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Franok, Today, 11:37 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Franok
                              by Franok

Started by maliasydney, Today, 12:00 AM