HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...And how exactly is Kanye 'different'?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ...And how exactly is Kanye 'different'?

    ... I'm still wondering this one.

    Your beloved Kanye West DID NOT bring anything new to hip-hop, as most of you have claimed. His productions are above average, I'll admit, but his lyrics and flow are that of a mental retard. He's bringing nothing new to hip-hop, at all. Not to mention, his beats are coming to a point where you can tell it from a mile away (like Dre's and Eminem's). Kanye's productions usually involve little chinese women singing, slowed down chipmunks, or little boys choirs that Micheal Jackson had recently molested. Kanye's nothing different. What he's done has been done before, along with lyrics of money, rims and hoes (like Snoop).

    Nope, Kanye's nothing special out of the batch. No hate, his album is good, but he isn't THAT good.

    He's not a saviour to hip-hop.
    change must come from within

  • #2
    when people say that he is bringing something new to rap, they most likely mean he is bringing something new to mainstream rap, or at the very least bringing something back to mainstream rap...because he's a mainstream rapper, on a well known label, doing "conscious" type of rap, in the midst of all the bling blingery and thugisms...

    so in a way, as far as mainstream rap right now is concerned, he is refreshing...though backpackers will write him off immediately as commercial...

    i dont consider him great (he still seems to be learning how to rap), but his album was good and a different sort of album for Rocafella...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CLiDE
      Kanye's productions usually involve little chinese women singing, slowed down chipmunks, or little boys choirs that Micheal Jackson had recently molested.
      LOL
      welcome to england, part of so-called great britain/
      but there aint a fucking thing great, about the way that were livin/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CLiDE
        ... I'm still wondering this one.

        His productions are above average, I'll admit, but his lyrics and flow are that of a mental retard.

        He's not a saviour to hip-hop.
        I'm still wondering too. I like his beats, but I see nothing special in the way he rhymes.
        Originally posted by ethan20
        There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
        Originally posted by reservoirGod
        Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

        Comment


        • #5
          [QUOTE=CLiDEKanye's productions usually involve little chinese women singing, slowed down chipmunks, or little boys choirs that Micheal Jackson had recently molested. Kanye's nothing different.[/QUOTE]

          I hope you were kidding here, and not really a moron who doesn't know what a sample is.......

          Comment


          • #6
            thats what i was thinking^

            as far as producing goes hes fire, no two shits about it, every good producers shit sounds the same, and kanye mixes up alot on college dropout imo with shit like school spirit and get em high

            as far as lyrics hes not extraordinary at all but hes got some hot lines and hes good enough to make an album so he'll get by

            and "Killin y'all *****s on that lyrical shit
            Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips" is a hot line, im sorry
            Last edited by MosDefinite; 03-28-2004, 10:25 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Uh, his productions are light hearted, HOWEVER...

              Random clapping or maracas at different pitches does not enter the category of a non-sampled song. His beats repeat exactly the same as everyone elses. Just because the sample in the chorus sounds totally different (Example, Overnight Celebrity) doesn't make it anymore special. Dre's done the same (Example, Next Episode off 2001).
              change must come from within

              Comment


              • #8
                "The Drug Game Belimuc(sp?), Its Hard to Get Weight Some *****z Money Is Homo, Its Hard To Get Straight."

                "You Heard Takeover, You Know Whos Running This Rap Shit"

                "Broke Girls I Take Them To Thier Section 8, Where I Pass This Dick Around Like A Collection Plate."

                "If Ya Look At The History, The Last Rapper That Almost Died, Sold 6.5, Except Im Coming From The Chi."

                "Monica Lewinsky Already Killed Bill."

                "Thats The Producer Of The ROC!" ... "He Rap Better Than Most Rappers!"

                Kanye Is The Man Talks About Real Shit ... And Still Has The Skills ...
                His Production Is Amazing ... I Think His Flow Is Ridiculous Just Cause He Doesnt Follow the Formula Your Use To Dont Mean He Sucks ... "I Took The Worst Thing, Turned It To The Best Thing, Im From The Chi, Guess Its Just A Midwest Thing."
                If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lazy Mikey
                  "The Drug Game Belimuc(sp?), Its Hard to Get Weight Some *****z Money Is Homo, Its Hard To Get Straight."

                  "You Heard Takeover, You Know Whos Running This Rap Shit"

                  "Broke Girls I Take Them To Thier Section 8, Where I Pass This Dick Around Like A Collection Plate."

                  "If Ya Look At The History, The Last Rapper That Almost Died, Sold 6.5, Except Im Coming From The Chi."

                  "Monica Lewinsky Already Killed Bill."

                  "Thats The Producer Of The ROC!" ... "He Rap Better Than Most Rappers!"

                  Kanye Is The Man Talks About Real Shit ... And Still Has The Skills ...
                  His Production Is Amazing ... I Think His Flow Is Ridiculous Just Cause He Doesnt Follow the Formula Your Use To Dont Mean He Sucks ... "I Took The Worst Thing, Turned It To The Best Thing, Im From The Chi, Guess Its Just A Midwest Thing."
                  Ok, that tells me nothing.
                  He's still has brought nothing to hip-hop. What he's doing has been done before, but better. No hate, but people are over-exaggerating what he really is.
                  change must come from within

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CLiDE
                    Ok, that tells me nothing.
                    He's still has brought nothing to hip-hop. What he's doing has been done before, but better. No hate, but people are over-exaggerating what he really is.
                    Whens The Last Time A Guy Was A Great Producer And Rapper? ... His Whole Beat Style Is New ... Like Tone Said Its Refreshing.... I Dont Think Its Over Hyping Him At All If Anything He Deserves More.
                    If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lazy Mikey
                      Whens The Last Time A Guy Was A Great Producer And Rapper?
                      DJ Quik.

                      And the last time I heard, Kanye's productions are starting to mimic that of Quik's.
                      change must come from within

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I agree with you on many points you've stated CLiDE, it's true, but you're missing a point. Kanye West is an artist, before anything else. He always tries to come up with creative and unique ideas to execute in his videos, artwork and even music. Although it looks undefined, Kanye has established a style of production for himself, and they include everything you've mentioned from chimp monkeys to chinese women singing, from foreign tunes to flutes. I dare to say it's already easy to pick outa Kanye-made beat over anything else out there. His music videos are absolutely refreshing as stated earlier on, and this is where he is considered "different" than other musicians. Lyrics don't need to be mentioned, crystal clear, he is one of the realest, down to earth, rappers out there today. Period.
                        ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by komacyde
                          I agree with you on many points you've stated CLiDE, it's true, but you're missing a point. Kanye West is an artist, before anything else. He always tries to come up with creative and unique ideas to execute in his videos, artwork and even music. Although it looks undefined, Kanye has established a style of production for himself, and they include everything you've mentioned from chimp monkeys to chinese women singing, from foreign tunes to flutes. I dare to say it's already easy to pick outa Kanye-made beat over anything else out there. His music videos are absolutely refreshing as stated earlier on, and this is where he is considered "different" than other musicians. Lyrics don't need to be mentioned, crystal clear, he is one of the realest, down to earth, rappers out there today. Period.
                          Yeah, it's refreshing, I'm with you 100% on that, and he should be on a great producer map, however, it's been done before. Like I said before, Quik's a prime example.
                          change must come from within

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CLiDE
                            DJ Quik.

                            And the last time I heard, Kanye's productions are starting to mimic that of Quik's.
                            I Give Quik His Production But His Rapping Is Harsh.... Not On Kanyes Level.
                            If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, Dj Quik is tyte as fuck :-p (just felt like adding lol)

                              as for Kanye, he is a great producer.... as for a rapper, he isn't a phenomenom, but he does have some nice lines(Like the one about left eye)... his flow is mellow and like previously stated, refreshing... yea, he hasn't brought much new to hip hop, but he has brought something to mainstream, and thats conscious rap(like again prevoiusly stated).. something that can help get Common and Talib more known and popular
                              ~ThA GanGsTaS FunKaDeLiCy~

                              Defeated List
                              - KO - Nymfo

                              Defeated By List

                              Comment

                              Post ad widget 300x250

                              Collapse

                              LATEST POSTS

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 10-27-2020, 06:25 AM
                              3 responses
                              11 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Torry
                              by Torry
                               
                              Started by hedas22, Today, 07:41 AM
                              1 response
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post guver
                              by guver
                               
                              Started by SchreiberBeau, Today, 02:09 AM
                              0 responses
                              3 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post SchreiberBeau  
                              Started by eliteketopric, Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post eliteketopric  
                              Started by eliteketopric, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post eliteketopric  
                              Started by mariagarcia, Yesterday, 06:25 AM
                              7 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mariagarcia  
                              Started by seroibvnyt, Yesterday, 12:47 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seroibvnyt  
                              Started by Smilert, 12-23-2020, 06:03 AM
                              5 responses
                              25 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by Nancystarkman, 03-01-2021, 12:21 PM
                              0 responses
                              3 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by jreuirei, 03-01-2021, 08:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jreuirei  
                              Working...
                              X