30.30%
    15.15%
    9.09%
    9.09%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    6.06%
    Originally posted by SteWonYou
    sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
    Originally posted by Temerity
    understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
    Originally posted by Nianco
    Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

Go Swizz!

Comment

1. Git Up – Great way to begin the album. Eminem’s flow is astonishing; you eventually realize that he’s essentially saying nothing, but the first time I heard it, it left me speechless. The drumbeat is hectic enough to get you pumped in the way they wanted you to…although the chorus is a little bit fucking retarded. Get it crackalatin’? B+

2. Loyalty (feat. Obie Trice) – Obie is awesome on this song, Em’s intro is great, Proof is on-point…really all of D12 are pretty good here. The production is energetic, although it’s very much a typical synth-y Eminem creation. Still, the song is good all-around on the part of pretty much everyone. B+

3. Just Like U – I remember being shocked at how much I liked this song when D12 World came out and 4 years later, I still feel the same. Bizarre is obviously a poor lyricist and his albums prove he isn’t cut out to be a solo artist. But if all of his solo songs sounded like this, he’d have an argument. I’ll fully admit that most of this is because of the brilliant production and has nothing to do with Bizarre. B

4. I’ll Be Damned – Nothing special at all. The chorus is pretty catchy, but I don’t care for the production, and smfh @ some of the garbage ass lyrics. B-side material if ever I’ve heard it. C

5. Dude (skit) – Funny

6. My Band – I always thought people unfairly shit on this song. It’s FAR better than the piece of shit that was Just Lose It, and it works perfectly for a first single. Everyone has a decent enough verse; actually, Eminem’s is one of the worst, because his delivery is quite horrible for whatever reason. Sounds like he’s about to cry or take a shit or something. Still, despite poppy production and a poppy hook and some corny moments, I’m giving this one a pass because I feel like it accomplished exactly what it set out to accomplish. B

7. U R The One – Horrible piece of shit that I wish I had never listened to again. No further comment needed. D-

8. 6 In The Morning – Nothing special. Not particularly energetic, not enthralling, not funny, it’s just sort of there. But I sort of like it, particularly for the contributions from Em and Kuniva. C+

9. How Come – Far and away one of the best things Eminem has done since his peak in 2002. It’s emotional and brilliantly written, both his chorus and his verse, which may be the best on the album. Proof is superb here as well, more than holding his own. Kon Artis has only been a weak link to me, but even he is able to provide a strong verse. Great song. A

10. Leave Dat Boy Alone – Wtf m8 is the only reaction I can think of to this song. I love Swift’s verse though, Eminem’s chorus is dumb but makes me laugh, Kuniva is a badass, and Kon Artis once again proves me wrong. All around a pretty good song, despite what many say. B

11. Get My Gun – This song is awesome, it’s everything that One Shot 2 Shot wanted to be. It’s got a hyper, energetic beat, and an amusing verse from pretty much everyone. I always had a problem with the way Bizarre ended the song (an Elton John joke? Really?), but it wasn’t enough to ruin it. A-

12. Bizarre (skit) – Pretty dumb

13. Bitch – Clever, a song meant for bitches to dance to which is essentially about how fucking stupid they are. Eminem spits his predictable 2004 gibberish, but much better than usual. Far and away the highlights of the song are the Proof verse, and the Kon Artis/Kuniva verse, both of which capture the mood of the song perfectly and are absolutely hilarious. Very underrated, I love this song. A-

14. Steve’s Coffee House – Fucking pointless

15. D12 World – I feel bad for D12 that this is the best Kanye would muster for them. The beat actually grew on me a lot but it still doesn’t touch his gold standard. The verses are mostly garbage (although I liked Kuniva); this is a very forgettable song. C

16. 40 Oz. – Horrible piece of shit, D12 attempting to do a ‘crunk’ song simply because it was cool at the time and Lil Jon was making a bunch of hits. Bizarre is a disgrace, the chorus is cringe-worthy, Eminem’s verse makes me want to hurl myself in front of an SUV, Kuniva and Proof try their damndest but this song is already too much of a train wreck for them to save. D

17. Commercial Break – I always loved this verse, don’t know why but I found it amusing. Entertaining, but still too short for me to give a real rating.

18. American Psycho II (feat. B-Real) – Sick Dr. Dre beat. What kills this song is that they had to make it a sequel to one of the best songs from Devil’s Night (which included what I would call one of Eminem’s best verses of all time). Swift and Kuniva do a pretty good job, Bizarre is funny I guess, Em’s is hit-or-miss, so nothing’s bad here, it just never measures up to expectations or takes off in a way that allows it to be judged on its own merits. B

19. Bugz ’97 – Same as Commercial Break, I loved it, too short to make much impact though.

20. Good Die Young – Most overrated D12 song ever. The chorus is very weak, the production does nothing for me, and Bizarre should never attempt a song like this (“Cuz niggas in my CLIQUE…….is dyin’ QUICK” might be one of the most laughable serious moments in the history of hip-hop). It’s earnest and well-intentioned but it isn’t the masterpiece most fans think it is. B-

21. Keep Talkin’ – Very enjoyable mixtape track that was inexplicably thrown on the end of this album for reasons I still can’t discern. It’s got a great Em hook and some hilarious moments (I can’t praise Proof enough; Bizarre’s line about Ray-Ray :’(). Still, it loses points for having no purpose on this album except to take up space. B

I'm gonna say about a 6/10
      Last edited by Swizz; 07-01-2008, 06:28 PM.
      sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick

Comment

I havent read it yet, but this is your 13th review and Ive only done 5

I gotta step my game up nigz

Comment

I agree with the review almost to a t. I would like to point out however that I think Eminems delivery on My Band is intentional. After the first two songs I thought I was in for something really special

Comment

Originally posted by WPG204 View Post
            I havent read it yet, but this is your 13th review and Ive only done 5

I gotta step my game up nigz
            No hurry nig, I've had a lot of time off work lately (my family is out of town and all my friends/girlfriend work during the day so I'm lonely ) and I'm just trying to get the new review sections active

Comment

^When are we gonna shop the WPG/Swizz music review book to major publishers?

Comment

10/10. Just cuz Shit sparked D12world.com

Comment

LMFAO @ giving a 1 to Dark Side of the Moon but a 10 to D12 World

Comment

^WTF. I listen to rap 99.7% of the time and I wouldnt do that

Comment

Originally posted by WPG204 View Post
                      ^When are we gonna shop the WPG/Swizz music review book to major publishers?
                      Sounds like a plan

Comment

Haha Im on it! Damn this Nas album is classic. And I only have 10 tracks.

Comment

5/10 .. only 3-4 dope tracks .. the rest is nothing special. Just Like U will haunt me forever.

Comment

4 Mics

Devils Night >

Eminem's Hook ON Git Up Shit Ons Everything D-12 Said on that track
                            Last edited by Excellence; 07-02-2008, 04:58 AM.

Comment

i'd give it a 5 or 6...its not a very averatge album

Just LIke U, Is the best bizarre track

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 06-03-2021, 08:33 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Glenedelstein  
                              Started by Omaha17, 11-11-2007, 08:02 PM