7L & Esoteric Interview with UKHH.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7L & Esoteric Interview with UKHH.com

Please introduce yourselves: + in light of the new movie 'Super-Size Me', what one food would you like to dine on exclusively for an entire month?

[7L] I'm 7L. One food I probably could dine on for a month would be either Wendy's or Outback. NO LIE. Well one food in particular would be chicken. But I have horrible eating habits, so really eating junk food for a month, really isn't much of a stretch. I have been slowly getting off of it.

[Esoteric] I don't know probably some swordfish or some shit. Actually, I don't know, maybe steak tips or something. I know if I eat any more fried food I might die.

Have either of you seen that film yet? Were you surprised by its findings?

[7L] I know Shay (ESOTERIC) has watched it, he recommended I see it fast, as I have the same eating habits as dude in the movie.

[Esoteric] Yeah I saw it. I'm not fucking with McDonald's anymore, that movie made an impact on me.

Has being who you are ever got you a free meal at a restaurant? What's the biggest freebie your fame has got you?

[7L] NO free food yet.......maybe clothes….best freebie, might have been free lapdances all around we got once in San Fran..but.. uhhhh........

[Esoteric] Umm yeah, I got some free food before, I get free shit at sneaker stores every now and then, and I used to get some free Polo shit from a kid who worked at the spot and would go to our shows.

Why make the move from Brick to Baby Grande?

[7L] We just needed a label with more connects, there is no beef with Brick as we are still all fam, I don't know we just really wanted something new, Chuck had hollered at us before, so it was on our mind a bit.

Is there a strong, self-sufficient Boston hiphop scene? I ask because all the Bostonite emcees and acts that have an international profile only seem to get to that position having first hooked up with a New York act, crew or label.

[7L] No, I wouldn't say you gotta go to a NY label to get exposure, cause Boston has a dope scene that is self-sufficient, always has. Way back when Orange Man and Top Choice Clique and R.S.O, I always felt Boston got shine. Maybe from someone not living in Boston it may seem that way.

[Esoteric] I think we might be the exception there because we were in Europe about 7 times before we had anything to do with anybody from New York. But Boston is crazy, we have a lot of cats who talk a lot about putting records out but they never do, they sit on the sideline and critique everything you do. But we also have cats in Boston who bust their ass and got something cooking all the time. I respect those cats. I get tired of hearing from the ones who are like "yeah I got this coming out blah blah blah" and you never see it.

"... Does Johnny from San Francisco care if I sampled a library record? Nah, he just likes the music ...”
    See the rest at
    http://ukhh.com/features/interviews/...ric/index.html

Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet - CH'AN BUDDHIST
    "Women like a fine wine only get better with age" - Finch
    Audio Scrob - What Im Listening to
    AIM Fileshare

Who cares what they eat. that's ridiculous.

When will 7L & Esoteric next be visiting the UK?
    [7L]Possibly in early '05 along with Jedi and Outerspace, but nothing is confirmed.
    NICE! hopefully somewhere else in Europe too

Thanks anyways
    "War is God's method of teaching Americans geography"

MY MUSIC

Comment

Good looks.
      Oh its true, its true

Comment

Thanks for this Sane.
        +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
        JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment