**HYPE interview with Necro - finally here, with PICTURES**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **HYPE interview with Necro - finally here, with PICTURES**

sorry for the delay, he was swamped, i was swamped, but it's here now.
    another HYPE exclusive
    props to everyone who gave me ideas for questions
    i made the pics smaller to fit

enjoy:
    1. Introduce yourself
    I’m Necro - MC, producer, label CEO, director, and pimp, born and raised in Brooklyn, New York.

2. For people who aren’t familiar with Necro and Psycho+Logical-Records, give us a brief background on you (as an artist) and your label
    Necro is the most extreme artist on Earth and my label represents the brutalest shit on Earth.

3. How do you describe your style of hip hop?
    I would call it hardcore hip hop at its finest.

4. Why are you releasing so many albums in such a short space of time?
    To hit the fans off with the drugs they want. I asked the fans on my site like survey if they would want new shit every six weeks or so and they said of course, because if it’s quality, they will want it. So I know my shit is quality, plus I have a goal, I wanna move a certain amount of records in a certain amount of time. If I dropped two records in one year, I might not move 75000 of each one, so by dropping a lot of dope shit, I can move units, make sure everyone in my camp gets paid, hit the fans off and pretty much be the illest label of 2004, plus showcase my skills as a producer, and make up for lost time when I only dropped one album a year. There are so many reasons, I can list five more reasons, and then probably another five, it’s hard doing this, but very rewarding when the fans enjoy it all.

5. How are you thinking of all these incredible beats in such a short amount of time?
    I just make a lot of beats. I’ve been making them for years. A few I have had for years and never got to use them, a lot I made this year, some last year, I just constantly have made beats, so it’s always a fun experience coz I love the art. I don’t think it’s a problem as far as producing. I fond other things in the whole process more of a problem, but making beats is easy to me.

6. How long do you take on average to make a track, production and vocals?
    It could be anything from a few hours, to 20 hours. Nothing is ever the same, each composition has its own time. We don’t do simpleton rap, our shit is quality so it takes time for the most part. Nothing is done in five minutes like some rappers claim.

7. How much creative freedom do the artists on the labels have? (Ill Bill, Sabac, Mr. Hyde, Goretex)
    Total creative freedom. I let them pick the beats they want and rap the way they want so they get to mould the album style. I provide all the beats, help make the beats iller to each topic, I suggest song topics, give my opinion if a verse ain’t banging here and there, coach some cats on lines… not Ill Bill though, he is super thorough on his whole album, but everyone else, I make sure there ain’t no fucked up lines and shit, and work with them, but never take away from their vision coz I want to see them shine, just like I do on my album with my view. These are their solo albums so I wanted their vision, while Circle of Tyrants will be more my vision, where the rappers will rhyme what they want. But the concepts won’t be totally open like where I’m asking what cats wanna do. Shit will be more like the songs where we all rap together, just brutal shit on brutal beats, but on the solos, cats totally had control, and on each verse every rapper does what they want. I like the fact that each one of us is ill with our own vision.

8. Will you be signing anyone else to your label? No, not at the moment.

9. Do the guys you work with (on Non Phixion) all get on well with each other, even though their ideologies might differ?
    Cats get along. We can work together, it’s like family. Sometimes ya brother might piss you off, sometimes you hate a family member for a month and then laugh on the floor with that same person a month later. It’s like any family you seen, but a cat like me, I’m a leader, so I keep everything fluid. I don’t allow anything to get out of hand, ever, coz I see the vision and I have watched so many people fuck up coz of dumb shit, so I do my best not to let personal shit effect the music, but this year, with the five albums I produced on my label, it was pretty harmonious. I make sure we are all militant so sometimes I gotta play general, but for the most part, shit was smooth.

10. What are your plans after the 10 albums are up?
    I wanna do a world tour. I haven’t done a world tour yet, I did shows here and there, but never a planned tour around the globe but I think now is the time. But don’t think I never tried, when I dropped I Need Drugs I had tried to tour, sent packages/presskits to lots of booking agencies, and then when Gory Days dropped I did the same, and got turned down by everyone, so it wasn’t easy. Since then I have gotten so many offers all over the world it’s insane, but I had to get this label shit right and it takes all my time, but soon I will be ready, and after the 10th album, the world tour will start.

11. Would you let your label be signed on a mainstream label?
    Well, I’m open to do deals. I would prefer a major distribution deal, and like I said, I’m a business man, I didn’t get into this for money, but I have paid my fucking dues, and I will continue to pay dues, so I don’t plan to be broke in this game, I’m gonna get paid, 50 million plus… I got that shit coming to me, a lot of people that fronted on my come up will be working for me, cleaning my fucking toilet bowls. Your mothers and fathers are gonna be on my pay roll…minimum wage.

12. What does your average day involve?
    A lot of work. Most of the week is grinding, just 24/7, no sleep. On the weekend I spend my time fucking shaved pussy, little hotties with big lips, I make ‘em lick my balls for three hours straight if that’s what I want them to doooooo. Basically get my freak on with them hoes, they do anything I want and they listen to me coz I’m their master. I work hard and then I play hard.

13. Who was the most exciting artist you have worked with so far and why?
    Myself, I feel I drop bangers every time. Necro don’t play, he one of the best ever. But I’m also feeling Ill Bill, Sabac, Hyde and Goretex. They all awesome as well.

14. Who has been the most influential rapper/producer for you?
    As far as rappers, it would have to be Rakim, Kane, KRS, Grap…a lot. Them four and Geto Boys as well, they all influenced me a lot. As far as beats, I would say Marley Marl, Premier, Large Pro, even early Pete Rock like ‘Mecca and the Soul Brother’. That beat used to shred me…so awesome. So many awesome things in 80s hip hop influenced me, the whole movement spawned me.

15. What three things can you not live without?
    Women, Food, Money.

16. What CD is bumping in your stereo at the moment?
    The new Necro and Goretex CDs are what I’m listening to now.

17. What CD isn’t?
    ‘Masters of Puppets’, but only because I will rock that soon once again.

18. Who is the next big thing in hip hop?
    My Crew. We will blow up because I am determined and feel we are truly original and bring the New York hardcore hip hop in the tradition of the 80s when it wasn’t all corporate like the way it is now. Hip hop (nowadays) is only about money, fuck that, I make art first and then I worry about making money…might be backwards, but it’s that formula that built hip hop and the way it is now is destroying hip hop. I have said this before but I will say it again: I feel like I am in a war and I have hip hop on my back and the enemy is shooting at me and I’m trying to make it to the helicopter to save hip hop, get it to a safe spot so it can heal. I’m the general fighting in that war, and my infantry will save hip hop if no one else, even if hip hop itself rejects us, I will save it because it gave me life.

19. What’s your favourite thing to do when you’re chilling out?
    Watch movies, I’m into cinema. Of course being with a woman is a great pleasure for me, just sexy women in any way excite me, trying to fuck them, fucking them, beating them, eating them. Women are just candy, and music, listening to good music…and good food.

Y
    FuckNThis
    ”!¹'¹!”!¹'¹!”!¹'¹!”!¹'¹!”!¹'¹!”!¹'¹!”

20. What do most people not know about you?
    That I am smarter than their fathers.

21. What’s your deepest darkest secret?
    I buried it in some girl’s cunt. You’ll have to look inside her vagina to know the answer.

22. Who is the nicest “celebrity” that you have met and why?
    Fuck a celebrity, I’ll slap one of them in the face.

23. What goes down at your parties? And feel free to be explicit
    Women get their assholes stretched like Mr. Fantastic. A lot of women get pulverised, and they enjoy it. I only fuck with submissive women, well, I will take a crap in a dominatrix’s mouth, but we just party like it’s 1999, and lots of girls get their assholes licked and they get their assholes fuck with whiffle-ball bats coz the party must go on. I got bitches stacked on top of each other six at a time, getting fucked with all kinds of sexual devices… We get crunk.

24. What do you use to chill out? Both illegal and legal items
    I’m drug free for eight years, I don’t even like drinking. Nothing is better than a woman for chilling, and I fucking use them in all kinds of ways.

25. Can you give us a few words of support for HYPE magazine?
    Yeah, HYPE magazine is doing their thing, helping to build the hip hop scene in Africa, so show support for outlets like this that can introduce new music from all over the world to Africa. I’m down for the cause, let the scene grow with real hip hop.
    Questions from your fans:

What are your top 5 tracks of all time?
    Too many dope ones to name. It’s like children, how can I pick favourites with children?
    Who are your favourite producers?
    Myself first, coz I love my vision. Also Premier, Havoc, 4th Disciple, RZA, Marley Marl, Large Pro, Juju…so many dope cats, Alchemist, they all do their thing, but I’m in a Necro zone, as I’m sure all those producers are themselves. There are a bunch more, like Dr. Dre, the list can be long, Evil Dee and Da Beat Miners been doing their thing for years, Pete Rock, fuck it, Rick Rubin is the god, one of the biggest influences in hip hop is Rick Rubin. There are many cats that need to be saluted.

Would you ever consider signing an artist from overseas?
    Of Course, but right now I’m not signing anyone from any part of Earth. But it ain’t where ya from, it’s where ya at. In a way, I’m from Brooklyn and that has helped me be insane, but anyone on Earth has potential to be awesome.

What are your tips on making it in the game?
    I would say if you wanna be an artists and that’s it, read the book ‘All you need to know about the music business’. Read books like that and do the knowledge. But if you wanna be like me, you need to be a business man and learnt the business of music. I believe every dope artists should run his own label and control his own destiny so he can stay true and not have to succumb to the traps of a major label’s bullshit.

What's the worst you’ve done to a person during your years growing up in the projects?
    No one with brains admits shit, unless they have been caught. I never got caught for anything. I’ve done trife things and had bad karma for years because of it.

Shed some light on what the "Violence" musical documentary will be like, what we can expect.
    It’s gonna be all music. A documentary on violence. I don’t wanna explain what it will be, you’ll find out soon enough.

Will every track on the Circle of Tyrants album and Secret Society album feature every member of the group?
    Not sure. There will be a mix up of all different combos, that’s for sure.
    Y
    FuckNThis

Comment

wicked interview dave

keep up the good work!

Comment

yo dave nice shit man..that interview was funny...good work
        ''One of the difficulties of the job is that we create 11 unemployed people and then, on Monday, we employee them again as if nothing has happened."

Comment

Good shit, funny dude

Comment

lol at necro grabbin that bitches tits and squrting another one whith a dick for water gun
            http://www.cashcrate.com/280596
            MAKE EASY MONEY ONLINE, REALLY, ITS EASY ASSHOLES

Comment

Holy shit, that was probably the best Necro interview I've read to date! Seriously. That shit was dope, he's fuckin' hilarious.

Good work, Dave!
              Yeah I talk shit, I'm cocky with it
              It's hard for you to admit it but I'm one of the best in it

Comment

haha nice shit dave

Lmfao @ that pic with the drill about to go in that slut's head.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"

You couldn't make headlines with raised eyebrows

Comment

Dope interview , some funny shit on there

Comment

sweet gents
                    and kahn, that aint a drill, its a cock-shaped water pistol
                    Y
                    FuckNThis

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Kaotik
                      sweet gents
                      and kahn, that aint a drill, its a cock-shaped water pistol
                      oh shit lol

When just lookin at it at first i thought it was a drill. Cock shaped water pistol? even better.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"

You couldn't make headlines with raised eyebrows

Comment

One problem I have, a big problem. Where the fuck is Ill Bill in your avatar?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

You could add Sabac as well, maybe even Q-Unique and Ming, dude, what teh fook?!
                        Yeah I talk shit, I'm cocky with it
                        It's hard for you to admit it but I'm one of the best in it

Comment

Originally posted by xemceekahnx
                          Cock shaped water pistol? even better
                          hah!

Originally posted by Mista Sinista
                          Where the fuck is Ill Bill in your avatar?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
                          dude, what teh fook?!
                          your avatar may not exceed the limit of 39KB
                          ...i'll make a plan
                          Y
                          FuckNThis

Comment

Very nice interview Dave.. thanks for that it was a good read..
                            nice pictures too.. especially the last one.. lmao

keep those exclusives coming man!! props

Peace

Bugzfreak

Tai Mai Shu

Comment

Yo dude... good interview... a lot of interviewers just ask Necro stupid shit... but that was a good read... definetly one of the best Necro interview's I've read...

P.S. you should of begged for a Circle Of Tyrants preview track...

You dealt with shady shit? I dealt with shady shit
                              But I'm the only one can truely say I dealt with Shady's shit!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Drishk, Today, 06:49 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Lipa
                              by Lipa

Started by Rapsodia, Today, 04:22 AM