Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benny`blanco
    replied
    Thanks for the review, I enjoyed reading it. Havent got around to ordering this album since I seem to max my credit card, pay it off, then get scared to use it but i do hope to order it soon.

Louis says the new album hes working on is much better then sin a matic. Im looking forward to hearing it.

Leave a comment:

• Rondell*Beene
    replied
    Originally posted by psycho-logical
    anybody hear that louis logic mixtape( blame it on the hooch ) it has a bunch of lost tracks & shit, i saw it on hiphopsite.com ?
    Yeah, I own all three of his "mixtapes".

"Blame It On The Hooch" is good, and the Demigodz tracks are some of the more dull songs on the album. "Rock [Remix]" is dope, and "Over The Cuckoos Nest", "Fuckem", "Resume" and "Starlings Darling" (which sound like "Sin-A-Matic" outtakes) are really good too.

It's actually really interesting hearing the latter four tracks, because if they actually were recorded as potentional tracks for "Sin-A-Matic", it makes you realise how different the album could have been.
    They are very Eminem.

Leave a comment:

• psycho-logical
    replied
    thanks for the info man

Leave a comment:

• 2ndroundko
    replied
    Originally posted by psycho-logical
    by the way anybody hear that louis logic mixtape( blame it on the hooch ) it has a bunch of lost tracks & shit, i saw it on hiphopsite.com ?

Yeah I have it. There are only a few new tracks. If you've heard the Demigodz - The Godz Must Be Crazy EP and JMT - VBD you have already heard a bunch of the tracks on that mixtape.

Leave a comment:

• psycho-logical
    replied
    i have to say funny review , but you probably just took some money out of there pocket cause i was going to buy this album but after reading the review it's probably not worth it, so ill just download it save me some cash. by the way anybody hear that louis logic mixtape( blame it on the hooch ) it has a bunch of lost tracks & shit, i saw it on hiphopsite.com ?
    Last edited by psycho-logical; 11-01-2004, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Luis T.I.
    replied
    luist88

Leave a comment:

• Rondell*Beene
    replied
    ^ If you tell me your SoulSeek name, you can download it direct from me now...

Leave a comment:

• Luis T.I.
    replied
    Searching for it now...

Leave a comment:

• Rondell*Beene
    replied
    ^ Okay, when I hand in all my essays and do my exams (about a week and a half), I'll try and drop a review :D

Also, you should try and do a review on Blockhead's "Music By Cavelight". Or at least give me your thoughts. I'd be interested in seeing if you think it's better than Rjd2's "Since We Last Spoke".
    It should be available on SoulSeek (at least, that's where I originally got it from).
    And if you can't get the whole thing, make sure to get "Insomniac Olympics".
    That song is one of my favourites of the year, and one of my favourite instrumental tracks of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Luis T.I.
    replied
    I will definitely be doing reviews on Encore, Street's Disciple, and maybe I'll do one on Real Talk if I can find a damn working link.

By the way, do you think you could do a short review of American Idiot in the general section or in a PM, Mark? I'm very interested in what you thought of it...

Leave a comment:

• Rondell*Beene
    replied
    Another honest and funny review by Luis T.
    If you haven't lost your faith in all hip hop, make sure to drop another one some time.

As to the album... The first time I heard "Pimp Shit" and "Por Que", neither struck me as anything special. In fact, it was only when it was announced that Louis Logic & Jay Love were coming together for a full-length "Odd Couple" project, that I went back to properly listen to them.
    At first I was kind of dissapointed... Jay Love is one of those emcees that rhymes his words well, but never says anything interesting or worth remembering; the assonance, and multisyllabic rhymes (etc.) just breeze by as if they weren't there at all. Louis Logic is noticably more talented, but he's not spitting at anywhere near the calibre that he did (or should I say, in regards to the oldness of these tracks "will later") on "Sin-A-Matic".

Then norvillerogers sent me "Double Fisted". I wasn't too impressed.
    It seemed like Lou and Jay were putting so much effort into the "taking turns" approach, that neither had time to fit in a decent punch line.

That said, when I got this album finally, I enjoyed it a lot.
    Most of the tracks on it are far better than the three previously mentioned.

I was heavily anticipating this album.
    But after hearing it, and recognising that it wasn’t world-changing material, I realised that wasn't ever expecting that much of it.
    All I wanted were some good J.J Brown beats, decent rhymes, the occasional concept, a bit of story telling, and some laughs.
    Just like you’d expect out of one of Louis Logic’s bootleg albums.
    And I think the album delivered.

In conclusion, I’m satisfied.
    This album was better than a lot of the hip hop releases this year, but is not one of the best
    I’m still waiting for this years “classic” hip hop release (MF Doom seems like the only hope left). And I’m still waiting to see whether Louis Logic can live up to the high standard he set for himself the day he dropped “Sin-A-Matic”, on his next solo full-length.

Leave a comment:

• Luis T.I.
    replied
    I explained why I compared it to G Unit, but I'm glad that you have your own opinion.

Thanks for the comments, and I would give this album a 6 out of 10.

Leave a comment:

• LoW_RyDaH
    replied
    or review rather than interview...

Leave a comment:

• JULZ13
    replied
    Originally posted by ZoG
    i don't like this review...you're hating too much and comparing it to G-unit which doesn't make sense

although the album isn't that great...its actually a pretty fun album to listen to

bottom line: don't take this album too seriously cause its not supposed to be serious
    True but this was a good interview cuz it was soo fuckin funni and he was right in a lot of points.

Leave a comment:

• LoW_RyDaH
    replied
    I enjoyed the album as i did your review

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Heun, 06-09-2021, 02:09 PM
1 response