SABAC interview. NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SABAC interview. NEW

A good friend of mine interviewed Sabac, enjoy.

Now a days, everyone and there mama wants to be a rapper. Out of theThousands, why should they listen to you? What do you offer?

Sabac: I offer real skills, over 15 years of experience, truth, real content and substance in my music, I offer sick live shows full of energy, balance to a genre full on of sidedness monotony.

Who do you wish to work with in the future? Anyone in particular?

Sabac: I would like to work with Zack De Larocha.

What are your opinions on the current state of Hip Hop?

Sabac: Itís cool, a bit boring but thatís how it is when something gets over exposed and there is no quality control. I defiantly see it changing in the near future. I feel more independent hip hop will come up and make a huge impact on the world. P.S just because itís independent does not mean it good and just because something is commercial does not mean itís bad.

At the end of your chorus on the track Organize, you say "OrganizeMeans Freedom." What exactly does that mean to you?

Sabac: I feel no matter what you do in life if your organized you will see results, from results you meet you objective/s and from that I would hope will give you freedom. Freedom can be free from all negatives in you personal life, freedom from addictions, freedom from the wickedness of the evils that exist in the world etcÖ

Your album is full of knowledge and realness. What had motivated youto write such tracks?

Sabac: My motivation comes from my personal struggle and the struggle of most oppressed people in the world. I have an opportunity to use my voice and talent to reach thousands of people all over the world and I choose to say something that can influence positive change in a world full of negative energy. I get motivated by seeing people think, take action, question, produce personal and global solutions. I like being able to make music people are afraid of and I continue to get motivated by this.

Now, it is only natural that the Psycho+Logical roster is gonna catchhate for speaking reality. You all speak shit that people are scaredof, you speak on what they fear and try to hide. So naturally, theyare gonna hate on the shit. How do you feel about them people?

Sabac: If someone hates it is obvious we hit a nerve with them. People often fear what they donít understand and if someone does not what to take the time to understand my camp itís their loss. We offer a balance in hip hop music which is lacking right now. I also recognize the music we make will not be for everyone and that ok as long as people donít try to hold us back cause thatís when it can get ugly. Were all grown men and this is out lives and if you fuck with our lives it will be your life that suffers in the end.

You started the CD with a strong track list. You ended even stronger.How long total did it take you to write the lyrics to the entire CD?How long did it take to record?

Sabac: I began writing as soon as Necro hit me with the beats. I began recording January 2004 and my album was finished in March 2004 and was released in June 2004.

If you had to pick one song from your Cd "A Change Gon' Come", whattrack would you pick?

Sabac: Organize.

How does Psycho+Logical handle promotion? Thought about possiblyGetting some street teams going?

Sabac: PLR does promotion we did MTV commercials, posters, in stores internets banners etc.. We have goons all over reppin PLR if anyone is interested in helping hollaÖ

In all honesty, Psycho+Logical will last because you have unity. Its abig fucking family, and roll tight. I respect that. With that said, isPsycho+Logical looking at anyone currently to add to the label?

Sabac: I really canít speak for Necro and his label but I do know we like to keep it in the camp. We feel we are reppin the hardest so why even fuck with anyone else. Itís smart to work with people who are dope and you have a relationship with like brothers and we are all like brothers. Itís really like a family thing.

Now last year, Psycho+Logical really put in a lot of work. Was oneHell of a year, and out of all the albums released, not one was a letDown. Being so successful, where do you think you will be in 5 years?Think about it...

Sabac: I feel in 5 years the legacy of PLR and its artists will be recognized as one of the most influential labels in hip hop music along with Uncle Howie Records.

You album is called "A Change is Gon' Come". When is that change going to come?

Sabac: The change is already happening. Everyday we are changing as a people as a nation and a world. We now need to make it a consistent positive change.

Nice interview.
    Green Truck

Comment

Sabac is my favorite. PLR artist. Great interview. I like his attitude and agree with many of his views.

Comment

nice read dawg

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Smilert, 01-30-2020, 08:51 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Torry