Anyone Disappointed in Dangerdoom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Disappointed in Dangerdoom?

To be honest i'm a beat man and i've never really felt MF Doom's beats except Potholderz which is one of the tightest songs I have ever heard, Kookies, and Peeyano Keys. I've always thought he has pretty freakin tight lyrics though.

So when I heard about Dangermouse who's album with Jay-Z was off the hook almost every beat off that album was straight fire esp Allure. I was almost drooling from my mouth when I heard Dangermouse was coming out with an album with Doom.

Yet the album is crazy bad, I can't find one tight beat on the whole thing and it just feels like another MF Doom Song beat :/. Is the whole album like this? i've heard the songs.

Mince Meat
    Sofa King
    Basket Case
    Old School
    Space Ho's
    The Mask
    Bada Bing

No offense, but dont critique the album if you haven't heard it yet. It's actually a great concept hip hop album. The grey album was consisted of beatles samples with drum patterns so its hardly fair to compare it to this record. Go pick up Ghetto Pop Life with Gemini/Dangermouse and listen to the production on there, its great. Anyway, listen to the full album first and give it a few listens, you'll appriciate it then. Btw, meat wad's freestyle on the last track is fucking great.
    LISTEN TO AND DOWNLOAD MY NEW EP ENTITLED "ĘP" at http://composed.bandcamp.com/ FOR FREE!

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC!

Comment

I think the beats are great. The album is really dope.

Comment

beats were pretty tight..lyrics were garbage
        -T.L-

Comment

i dont see how u can say the lyrics on this album are garbage and then say that for example the lyrics on madvillaney or mm food are tight

the thing is everyone knows that doom's multi and mutli sylambic style of flowing is 100% forced,almots all his multis are forced and are pretty much non sensical.

im am a huge doom fan,but i cant put him up there lyrically wit all my other favorite because of this forced style.Everyone knows forced multis take away.

My point is if nearly all his lyrics are non senseical how can u differenciate the garbage ones from the good ones

its just fuckin doom,he's unqiue he's got his own style,that ppl seem to either love or hate

Comment

I think most of the people that hate on DOOM's lyrics have no grasp of metaphors in rap music, he's one of the siccest MC's out. 100 times better than most cookie-cutter rap garbage that get's churned out on MTV and BET these days, please give me more MC's that aren't afraid to talk about things other than bitches, bling, cars, and how fucking tough they are. Rap music is going to get really really bad before it get's any better, then something new will spring out of the artform at the last minute, pop media will milk it for all it's worth and then move onto the next "hip" thing, it's the circle of life in music. I'm just waiting for that next shit, and DOOM is one of the few lyricists giving me hope.

Comment

it leaked? anyone got the scene release?
              [1:20pm] «@ ud » pick something gay

Comment

Whoa I sometimes wonder if you guys read what is written... lol or maybe i'm not reading your responses right :P. Let's clear some things up though ok?

1.) I said I loved Doom's lyrics Jeebus and Limelight I have no clue where you got this idea that I think his lyrics are bad.

2.) I said I didn't like his beats at all.

3.) I came here to ask if the whole album had boring beats I didn't say it was crap. If I thought it was crap why would I ask if the rest of the album is good or not? I was just saying out of the 6-8 songs I listened to the beatz weren't my flava.

Comment

^ it wasn't produced by Doom

Comment

i thought it was real dope. the collabos with kweli, cee-lo, and ghostface were all fire. im an adult swim junkie so of course i loved the concept. i thought it was doom's best work since madvillainy, which really wasnt that long ago, but he's released like 10 albums since then... cant wait for the album with ghostface!
                    What I'm Listening To

Comment

Originally posted by Dire_Fire
                      Whoa I sometimes wonder if you guys read what is written... lol or maybe i'm not reading your responses right :P. Let's clear some things up though ok?

1.) I said I loved Doom's lyrics Jeebus and Limelight I have no clue where you got this idea that I think his lyrics are bad.

2.) I said I didn't like his beats at all.

3.) I came here to ask if the whole album had boring beats I didn't say it was crap. If I thought it was crap why would I ask if the rest of the album is good or not? I was just saying out of the 6-8 songs I listened to the beatz weren't my flava.
                      I'm pretty sure they were refering to Zombie saying his lyrics were garbage, not to you.

As for me I loved the album I think it was better than Madvillainy.
                      Originally posted by Deon
                      Can easily make threads with 1k+ views and 100+ comments

Comment

Originally posted by Dire_Fire
                        Whoa I sometimes wonder if you guys read what is written... Jeebus and Limelight I have no clue where you got this idea that I think his lyrics are bad.
                        I was talking to Zombie, not you cuzzo.

Comment

Oh if you guys were refering to Zombie then i'm sorry I misread heh.

Zog... I know it wasn't produced by Doom that's whole reason i'm kinda disappointed because I loved DJ Dangermouses work with Jay-Z and I really thought the beats for this album along with Doom Spittin was going to be straight fire. Yet maybe I just need more time for them to set in.

This isn't the only thing i'm disappointed in. One of my Favorite bands.... G Band Free released some more songs. The first three songs I heard by them "Midnight Blue", "Average MC", and "Head full of Rhymes" were some of the dopest songs lyricilly and beat wise. On their website www.gbandfree.com I think it is they just released 6 or 7 more songs. I'm really disappointed in those songs... it's not that they are extremely bad it's just they don't even come close to the other ones that they made.

Maybe it's just a disappointing type month for me :P

Comment

i havent heard it yet...
                            *~FUCK COPZ! LEGALIZE ART!~*

Comment

Wow everyone I must apologize for saying I was disappointed in this album. I listened to the mask again and it is straight fire. How did I miss this the first time around?

"The day I took my mask off my face was missing for 2 days" Love that whole line. Ghostface rips it up on this track. The other tracks sound pretty dope too. Yet "The Mask" is a great track.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by BrewsterScoty, Today, 09:04 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post BrewsterScoty  
                              Started by WesleyDrake, Today, 06:34 PM
                              0 responses