No announcement yet.

Holy Shit! Murs and Sage Francis Beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Shit! Murs and Sage Francis Beef?

To be comepletey honest, I don't even know if this is fucking true. I just figured it was worth sharing.

I think I shit my pants when I read this. Two of my favourite underground rappers...beefing? I couldn't beleive it when I first heard it...but then I found this thread on the Non-Prophets board...

http://www.inhalerproductions.com/fo...ic.php?t=25383

This really sparked my interest. So I decided to look into it more. I found a thread relating to this on HipHopDX.com.
    Some dude posted, apparently, a quote from Anticon rapper Alias. I don't know how true this is, but yeah, here's what happened:

Alias told this story and to tell you the truth I was alittle pissed to think that slug let murs get away with this shit, because anticon supported slug in his early years maybe not financially, though DPD I am sure helped line his pockets some.
    anyway here is some gossip
    QUOTE... Alias ( and by the way pick up his new cd "Lillian")
    I went to an Atmosphere show last September I think.....I saw Dibbs and he took me up to the dressing room so I could say hi to Slug.....Murs was sitting in the dressing room......I shook Slug's hand and talked with him for a bit.....then I looked at Murs and put my hand out to say hi to him.....I had met him one other time in San Jose in 2000........he looked at the ant on my sweatshirt and says "who's this motherfucker?".....I told him I was alias from anticon......he told me if we were on the street right now he would "punch me in my shit"......I was a bit drunk and didn't feel like arguing, so I said "ok, I'm out".....he said I didn't have to leave and it was all just air......I said I didn't want to breathe the same shit as him and left......then 20 minutes later, I see him outside the dressing room arguing with Jel......I went and just stood there because I didn't want him to swing on Jel......apparently I had my arms crossed while I was standing there because Murs didn't like that and said "don't stand there with your arms folded like you're gonna do something"......I reminded him that he was the one who was going to punch me in my shit......I then got a little closer to him and started asking him what his problem with anticon was......he said he didn't like the way that we came onto the scene....he thinks we bit the Living Ledgends approach......and he thinks we are arrogant.....oh, and he doesn't like our music at all......these are all reasons he was going to punch me in the face......I told him I used to listen to his music and that I really liked F'Real......and that I listened to it all the time when I was living in Maine.....but I also told him that I read and hear all the shit he talks about anticon and now I have no respect for him......he told me to do a diss song about him......I told him I might......I asked him why he would punch me in the face when he didn't even know who I was initially.....he said because I hate you and your crew......I tipped my face back and put my chin level with him and told him to punch me......he didn't.....he said he had to go rap.......and went back stage.......then I left in the middle of Slug's set.......

I haven't talked to Slug since then....I don't intend to.....he chooses the company he keeps.....I'm not going to a show to catch up with lost friends to get threatened by new friends.......I'm glad to hear that he still checks out my stuff......I'll always check his stuff to see what he's doing......but I've decided that I'm not going to anymore Atmosphere shows......everytime I do, some dumb shit goes down and I end up feeling like shit about things.......sometimes to an extreme......sometimes while I'm still at the show....boo hoo......sniff.......

Also on that message board some dude posted this little excerpt from a Slug interview, involving Anticon.

You seem to be becoming brasher and more self-confident with each album, moving away from the more introspective vibe of Overcast, Deep Puddle…

“Ooh! You said ‘Deep Puddle’!”

Sorry.
    “No, it’s ok, just don’t let it happen again” (laughs)

What is the deal with you and Anticon now? Did your problems with them get blown out of proportion?
    “Yeah, it got blown out of proportion. We never really had no problems. There was a moment where Dose was talking a little bit of shit and whatnot, but it was no big deal. The real problem is that Murs is my best friend and Murs doesn’t like those kids, so I gotta ride with Murs because he’s my best friend.
    “I’ve had to be in Dose’s face a few times bit we’ve never swung at each other. It’s, like, people just grow apart, y’know? There was summer when I was pretty tight friends with those dudes. It lasted 3 months and after that I just realised that we just weren’t the same type of people, y’know? There really is no problem and I would never cause any problems for any of those guys.”

What do you make of their new stuff?
    “I’m not really familiar with too much of it. I’ve tried to follow Jel’s solo stuff as much as I can because I like Jel a lot and I’ve listened to pretty much everything Alias has made because I like Alias a lot, too. I’m not too familiar with the Themselves or cLOUDDEAD stuff, though.”

I honestly had no idea there was so much beef in the underground. It seems that Anticon is always at the center of it though.

And for the love of God, I hope the Sage Francis/ Murs beef isn't true.
    Last edited by FeLiX_tHe_Cat; 09-10-2005, 10:44 AM.
    Walk into the rain, and the millenium
    Where lazy and convenient is the mother of invention
    I must have the guts to mention to that man in that reflection
    What are you looking at?

Everybody hates Anticon...

Comment

no it is and its very old....

this has been going on for the longest time

not a big deal....

murs is one of my favorite rappers but he can be seen as a very average rapper, his earlier work is very mediocore, his new shit is nice....

but its not a big deal seeing as the fanbase is almost identical...

alot of sage francis fans are murs' fans and vice versa...

but other than that not a big deal nothing big will happen, these two always seem to ignore each other when they're in the same proximaty(sp?) anyways...

Comment

i heard slug fucked sole's girlfriend.
        What I'm Listening To

Comment

".....I had met him one other time in San Jose in 2000........"

^^^^^^^my hometown son!!!
          nice read, thats crazy how cats just start beefing out the middle of no where.
          they say he comes like a thief in the night
          sum say, you see fire when he breathe on the mic!
          the legend has it his neck and his back is tatted
          and his arms are scriptures of Psalms!

Comment

yeah, these dudes been beefin for a while, also shows that on Scribble Jam 9 - go check it'
            ALLSORTSOFSHIT.BLOGSPOT.COM - Download Spot I Frequent
            MYSPACE.COM/ONSOMEOTHERSHIT
            - My Personal Spot

Comment

Sage loooooooooooves the beef.

"Buck 65 needs to get his head out of his ass"
              "MURS stop sucking my dick"

Then again, Murs really does talk some shit.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me.

I've read comments by Murs before, and the guy comes across sounding a real asshole.
                Originally posted by F2theN
                Sage loooooooooooves the beef.

"Buck 65 needs to get his head out of his ass"
                Yeah, I read that quote somewhere.

What's the background to it?

I would have thought Sage and Buck 65 would be two of the kind of rappers who'd get along...
                Last edited by Rondell*Beene; 09-10-2005, 05:25 PM.
                OZ HIP HOP.COM
                THE RAP CELLA

Comment

Well, Sage and Buck toured together just after Buck's "Honkey Talkin' Blues" ('03) was released, they came to Glasgow, put on a very good show, and seemed to get along very well.

Comment

whos anticon, When i went to the murs show a few weeks ago he did mention his beef with sage
                    Fav mcs
                    Eminem,Cormega,nas,Immortal technique,tupac,DMX,Murs,Too short,talib kweli, ,common,ras kass,Guru,Rakim, ChinoXL, slug,jin, Brother ali,Canibus,masta ace,Royce da 59,1 be lo,AZ,aesop rock

Comment

Originally posted by shadystan
                      whos anticon
                      They're a crew/label of über-avant-garde rappers and producers (they make Aesop Rock sound like Young Jeezy).

Download a few tracks from their website, and you’ll know what I mean…

http://www.anticon.com/frameset.htm
                      Last edited by Rondell*Beene; 09-10-2005, 05:54 PM.
                      OZ HIP HOP.COM
                      THE RAP CELLA

Comment

^and that's the difference between underground beef and mainstream beef. in the mainstream, they deal with that shit at shows and make a big public deal about it. most of it probably, is just bullshit they throw around to hype of shitty rappers, but with underground stuff they keep that shit personal. that's how it should be, in my opinion. not sayin beef has no place in interviews, and it's always interesting to find out what these cats are all about, but throwing that shit around at shows is just dumb.

SiNISTER
                        Producer/Instrumental Artist
                        ASPHYXIA - FULL LENGTH ALBUM - Ft. RICH QUIK, DZK, GRIME, WHITEOUT, PHATHOM, 5:AM, J.DERTY

http://www.myspace.com/sinisterbeats

Comment

the beef with buck 65 and sage is very odd

buck and sage were two very good friends, they were even in the DJ Signify-Sleep No More lp

i believe buck got pretty big and "started to act arrogant and like a bitch" or something of that manner, buck has said stuff like "rap is not real music" and shit like that but this is just my speculation, i know sage explained it somewhere but i dont remember what it was exactly. But yes these two were very good friends, they've both moved on to do bigger and better things.

Comment

Originally posted by o2k
                            they've both moved on to do bigger and better things.
                            I wouldn't call "Secret House Against The World" a "better thing"
                            OZ HIP HOP.COM
                            THE RAP CELLA

Comment

Originally posted by Rondell*Beene
                              I wouldn't call "Secret House Against The World" a "better thing"
                              LMAO did you ever see the music video for "kennedy killed the hat?"

ahahahahhaha, dancing shirtless in leather pants is NOT hip-hop...
                              What I'm Listening To

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by basketballeven, 11-24-2020, 02:28 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post basketballeven  
                              Started by Madeline, Today, 02:50 AM