HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sage Francis Does Original Score For Upcoming Movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrizz
    replied
    Awesome

Leave a comment:

• WhiteGangsta
    replied
    Originally posted by D.C.
    that movies gonna suck
    I doubt it Edward Norton's movies are usually good. American History X, Fight Club, 25th Hour, The Score etc.

Leave a comment:

• Kholdstare
    replied
    that movies gonna suck
    You feel so strongly about is that you needed to say it twice?

Leave a comment:

• Lymo
    replied
    that movies gonna suck

u suck.

Leave a comment:

• D.C.
    replied
    that movies gonna suck

Leave a comment:

• D.C.
    replied
    that movies gonna suck

Leave a comment:

• Gmac
    replied
    pretty neat. Sage doing big things.

Leave a comment:

• Sage Francis Does Original Score For Upcoming Movie...

This is straight off his website. This is pretty big news, considering it's not just some indie film. It sounds like a big deal. Two words: Edward Nortan.

Written by Sage Francis
    Sunday, 09 April 2006
    I don't know when this habit of staying uber secret about my life came about, but it might have to do with a sudden influx of delusional stalker fans. Paranoid/Schizo fucks who think they have some deep intergalactic connection with me. The less they know about my whereabouts and who I am with and what I am doing the better. Maybe I am the paranoid/schizo....but even if I am that doesn't mean that they AREN'T. So to anyone reading this post who thinks they know me but they aren't in my physical circle of friends and family...fuck you. Truly. My lawyer has the ability to trace emails and work is being done in that regard. Enjoy!

Onto business...

Last week I was on set for the shooting of Pride and Glory, which is being put out by New Line and stars Edward Norton, Colin Farrell, Noah Emmerich and Jon Voight. The director is Gavin O'Connor and this is his first big hollywood flick. He is a fan of Personal Journals and contacted me about a year ago asking me if I would be interested in working on the soundtrack for his labor of love. Wanted to see if I could do some lyrical layerings over a composer's music. This composer is Mark Isham, who did the soundtrack for Crash and Million Dollar Baby and countless other things. I was interested. I became more interested when Edward Norton came on board.

This is one of those things where I didn't really expect it to work out. It seemed like too big of a deal and too much of a risk on O'Connor's part to include me on it...but he has stayed on top of it and things continue to progress. I still am not 100% sure this is going to come to fruition, but some serious steps have been taken.

I flew out to LA last month and met with Mark Isham at his studio, which is like a keyboard museum. Antiques along with top of the line stuff...and monitor screens that are bigger than my TV. His set up is so incredible it seems fake. All I could say is, "Hey, man...you have some dust on the rafter up there." I don't know shit about equipment. He looked like no one ever told him he had dust in his studio before. Score. I said something he didn't know about his own studio. Anyway, Mark showed me some of the music he has been working on and I performed some new lyrics over the music for him. He seemed pleasantly surprised that I was able to adapt so fast to music I was hearing for the first time. And I'm like, "It's all Jazz, brotha....you know? I'm a jazz man." Then I did an improv keyboard solo.

That was a lot of fun. I left his gated community (weeeeiiird) with some good music to write to.

Last week I was invited on the set of P&G to see some scenes get shot and talk to the actors about the movie. O'Connor wanted to introduce me to everyone and help me get some material to work with. I spent 4 days in NYC and sat in my very own "guest" director's chair, viewing the scenes from a monitor screen. The same scene...over and over and over. I also witnessed some drama go down, which is the stuff I appreciate most. Talked to Edward Norton for a while about his character, who I am essentially supposed to speak the conscience of in my lyrics, but the coolest cat on set is Noah Emmerich. You know...the guy from The Truman Show who always had a 6 pack of beer handy? Method actors.....they are bugged out. That's all I can say about that.

In fact...I guess this is all I can say about anything. I don't know what I am or am not at liberty to talk about. I just wanted to catch y'all up with what I am doing and why I am distant (if that's noticable or not.) Work is being done. I'm not as lazy as I appear. And my pen is active again.

love always,
    Frank

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by brianwilson, Today, 05:09 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post brianwilson