Hey, Proof.......????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Proof.......????

One of the things Jerry Garcia taught me about music and life is ...don't make boundaries...Fuck, break boundaries. So yeah as far as music goes I respect all music..........I could never say I just listen to Hip Hop because I don't....Shit I can be playin' an old school Jerry Garcia (RIP) Bluegrass album and then be listenin' to a Mac Dre (Thizz In Peace) album minutes later. Same with life It would get boring if it was the same every day...Fuck I don't need to create my own prison ..I need to create my own freedom. Just like Bruce Lee taught with Jit Kun do.....Fuck Forms!
    Yo..but I'm a hip - hop head and a part of Garcia's extended family. I dig what you've done ( with D12, with M).......I have to admit , though I bought the album because of the title of the album. The Cat inspired me and I wanted to know if he inspired you or were you just clownin'.......I watched the DVD first and wasn't sure cuz you just asked a few people who Jerry Garcia was.....No one knew or they just said ...yo he makes ties or good ice cream. Threy were all like "is this a trick question or somethin'"....Don't get me wrong I liked the video thought it was funny but I wasn't sure if you were clownin'. Then I listened to the album and read the liner notes and figured you definitely weren't clownin'......You had a respect for this cat who was a true artist and kept it real until his infamy(which made way for all factors that led to his demise) killed him........He never just played "hippie shit" fuck no he played everything and played with all different kinds of people and said FUCK YOU to the Record Industry and still made loot. The cat would be up on stage a living legend wearing an old black Tshirt with Old black Jogging pants on.....Kicking shit down. I dig what you did with your album....there's all different kinds o shit goin on.
    Was your Pop an old Head? How'd you get into Garcia?
    Who drew the cover Art????? I like it....and all the Grateful Dead inspired shit on the inside.. Skulls and Roses. I dig the Book of the Dead quote too....and Motown (geektown) burnin'. I heard you tried to get Stanley Mouse (old Grateful Dead Artist) to draw your cover.......I heard what he did came out ill.....Why didn't he give it to you????

Just like hip-hop Jerry Garcia tried to incorporate all kinds of art in his whole scene. The band the Grateful Dead had graphic Artists (Mouse, Griffin), Poets (Robert Hunter), Lights (Owsley), leaders promoters writers pranksters (Kesey, Cassidy). Garcia was like hip-hop a mix of all different kinds of energies,artforms,styles,tongues...88888888.
    Yo...Proof thanks for the album...thanks for the inspiration...Keep on Bro'
    Moksha
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moksha23x; 08-29-2005, 11:41 PM.

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by FrankCobalt, 10-25-2020, 10:07 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post jufurib
by jufurib

Started by mkhuopgqwdmh, Today, 01:37 AM
0 responses