Artists Paying Respect To Proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artists Paying Respect To Proof

There's so many Artists payin their respect to Proof, it's hard to find what everyone has said, so here are some I've come across, I thought it would be a good idea to put them all in one place so people can see what everyone has had to say on Proof's passing.

*If anyone has some I've missed post them, then I'll repost them in this post.

This goes out to my homie Proof,, may god embrace you my friend, your time on this earth with us was short but we'll never forget that lil bit of time we got to know you and spend with you.. whether it was recording in the studio or touring the world.. you were a good friend to me and i'll never foget that.. you'll be missed by those of us that considered you to be family and i can say that i was one of those people..you will never be forgotten... you were a soldier for hip hop and a talented individual the world didn't get to hear enough of .. but us who knew what you were capable of will always know in our hearts what was taken away from us last night... we love you my brother and we will light one up in your name always my friend R.I.P.
    - B Real (Cypress Hill)

The Insane Clown Posse, along with the entire Hatchet Family, would like to extend our condolences to the family and friends of DeShaun Holton, a.k.a. Proof of D12. It was only in the last few months that we actually got to know Proof, and in the short time we knew him, we learned that he really was a good guy. We know that he will be greatly missed by his friends and family. God bless. Peace, y'all.
    - Insane Clown Posse

WE GOTTA STOP KILLIN EACH OTHER MY N!GGAS!! PROOF WAS A REAL N!GGA. A GOOD N!GGA. N!GGA HAD A WIFE AND KIDS!! HE LOOKED OUT FOR N!GGAS. ALWAYS CRACKIN JOKES AND MAKIN MOTHERFUCKERS LAUGH. WUT DA FUCK!! THIS SHIT WAS PROB OVER SOME BULLSHIT. AINT MANY REAL MOTHERFUCKERS LEF. THIS SHIT GOTTA STOP!! REST IN PEACE MY N!GGA!!
    - Lil Jon

I am deeply saddened by the murder of someone I called a good friend. I've known Proof for over nine years and will always remember him for the joy and life that he brought into every room he entered. We first met at Detroit's Hip Hop Shop where Proof was hosting open mics and was considered by most to be Detroit's freestyle king. Even then you could tell there was something special about him. Some people might be familiar with a well-publicized beef that Proof and I had a couple of years ago. Thankfully though, we had not only resolved our conflict, but we also restored our friendship. Back in December, we went overseas together for a few spot dates in Europe where we had a chance to catch up on "the good ole days". We both laughed at how we sometimes forget how far we've come, until you look out of your hotel window and see London's Big Ben or Paris's Eiffel Tower. On that tour we had a chance to visit cities we never even knew existed. Not bad for two kids from Detroit Huh. His death is such a loss for the hip hop community, and especially for the city of Detroit. I hope that he will be remembered for the talented artist and great person that he was, and not the tragedy that he fell victim to. My thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family, friends, and anyone that was ever touched by him.
    You will forever be loved and remembered.....
    - Royce Da 5'9"

He was a part of the hip-hop family,We can't stop it (violence) ... we try to ... we try to be as positive as we can and do good things with our lives.I just know that every time somebody gets killed in hip-hop we should look at it as a tragedy.There's nothing we can do to stop it as hip-hop artists but be who we are and continue to make our good music.
    - Snoop Dogg

Anytime someone dies in the world period I'm upset. It's when they get murdered that it really hits home ! For a person to shoot & kill another person, there had to be a tremendous amount of hate & envy for the victim. I've had so many of my close homies & even brothers, cousins & my uncle die to street violence. Shit is krazy homie because I feel like I should've died in 2001 when n!ggas tried to murder me & leave me for the wolves. Only God knows why I'm here 2day homie !!! I met Proof early 2002 in a studio in Los Angeles & we clicked right off the back. The same night we were in the studio doing some mixtape shit while Em 50 & Dre were in the back studio workin on Get Rich Or Die Tryin. Over the years we became real kool & remained homies throughout all the beef shit witt G-Unit so to wake up this mornin' at 10:41am flip open my sidekick & read that the homie was killed due to a bullet in the head just literally fucked my day. I will end this short letter by saying this, Proof will always be remembered & I as well as the Black Wallstreet family will keep his memory & his family in our prayers 1.
    - The Game

Well if you haven’t heard yet the world has lost, in my opinion, a very special individual early Tuesday morning. His name was Deshaun Holton but most of you know him as “Proof” from the group D-12. He was unfortunately shot and killed in a club on eight mile in Detroit, Michigan. Me and Jamie want to extend our deepest regrets and condolences to his family, friends and relatives and know that we are truly saddened by this tragedy. A lot of you don’t know that we recently got to sit with him in the studio to do a song for our new record and we hit it off really well. He liked what we were doing so much that he said he wanted to go on the road with us and we were in disbelief. Let's not kid our selves here, Proof is a lot bigger than we even dream about being and that’s not taking anything from us I'm just keeping it real. He said he was seriously diggin' what we had going over at the Hatchet and said he was down for whatever. After long negotiations Monday night with him and his manager we finally had a game plan in place and at 12:30 a.m. we called it a night. I wake up to take my daughter to school and I'm hit with this unbelievable tragedy. Just know he had love for all of us and made it a point to try and show it in the little time we got to spend with him just how much. From the bottom of our hearts we thank him and all his peers for everything that we were able to do together before he was selfishly taken out of all of our lives. His memory will live with us forever. God bless him and his family.
    - Monoxide (on the behalf of Twiztid)

From my Family to yours R.I.P. PROOF Gone but not forgotten throw 1 in the air for the Homie!!
    - Method Man

You don't know where to begin when you lose somebody who's such a big part life for so long. Proof and I were brothers. He pushed me to become who I am. Without Proof's guidance and encouragement there would have been a Marshall Mathers, but probably not an Eminem and certainly never a Slim Shady. Not a day will go by without his spirit and influence around us all. He will be missed as a friend, father and both the heart and ambassador of Detroit hip-hop.
    Right now, there's a lot of people focusing on the way he died. I want to remember the way he lived. Proof was funny, he was smart, he was charming. He inspired everyone around him. He can never, ever be replaced. He was, and always will be, my best friend.
    - Eminem

Proof was Detroit HipHop. He has been labeled "The Hip Hop Mayor of Detroit". He was the cornerstone. This is a major loss for the whole hiphop community. Another life gone due to bullshit violence. The last time i spoke w/ him was last week & he wanted me to do a couple new mixtapes for him & his label Iron Fist, Im gonna make sure that those releases still come out for his fans & proceeds goto his family. Proof will always be remembered & loved very much. We need to STOP THE VIOLENCE THO FA REAL!
    - DJ Exclusive

I just don't know how to feel right now. It's crazy because we're suffering all these losses. We lost Bugz. Now we lost Proof. I just don't know, you know what I mean? We're all so messed up. Whatever happened, whoever this dude is, is still around. This is just crazy.
    - Kon Artis

R.I.P. Proof We made alot of history together. I understood our ups and downs. I hope your business partners really help your legacy live on. I'm glad your were able to release your solo album and get your label poppin'. You always told me, you wasn't getting the respect and pay you deserve from your own people. I hope these muthafuckaz finally appreciate you. You told me, Business is Business and Personal is Personal. I always tried to not mix it up, but I considered you being legendary before the deal (Day 1). Thanks for the fistfights that we survived and even the diss tracks (lol)--you even help promote me thru our little beefs. You helped make my mixtapes important when others wanted to take from me and discredit my history. One thing I loved about you is that you didn't back down from shit. Tell Bugz I said let's "Act A Fool". R.I.P. to you both. Detroit's Mixtape King, DJ Butter
    - DJ Butter
    Last edited by antisocial; 04-15-2006, 08:02 AM.
    My Pathetic Attempts at Humour:
    The Misadventures of Ben

that lil jon one is fake as fuck

fuck outta here.

→ MIX HOOD ←

Comment

RIP none the less.......

→ MIX HOOD ←

Comment

good post was thinking of doing the same, so good job!!!!!
        *** J B K o n l i n e D O T com ***

Comment

Those Lil Jon and Method Man quotes seem fake.

R.I.P.
          Esteemed Entity

Illusory|Retro Fo|DuPoint|Check|Fitz|Pawl Derty|InK|Teknique

Check out my 4K post shoutoutz

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=318243

Comment

Originally posted by Jab
            that lil jon one is fake as fuck
            fuck outta here.
            its on his myspace.

Comment

Guys quit acting childish guessing whether the quotes contain spellling mistakes are fake or not, thats so stupid!!! All mesages come to one conclusion...

Proof RIP
              Last edited by Dirty Tim; 04-14-2006, 12:04 PM.
              B-Triangle>>>Dirty Room Ent.<<<B-Triangle
              DETROIT HIPHOP
              Bugz-Rogier-Cherelee-J Dilla-Deshaun-James Brown-Hariri-Theo-Juliana-Andre H6:
              All
              Rest in Peace

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/liljonworld

That's Lil Jon's official MySpace and you can view the message there.

(Listen to the latest BME mixtape if you think it's a fake MySpace)

Comment

Is Lil Jon fucking 15?
                  RAJON RONDO = MOST UNDERRATED POINT GUARD IN PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL

Comment

Em is right he can never be replaced...
                    I'm a D12World.com Vet

I lurk in the Proof forum Like a Ghost...

You're killing the Proof forum!
                    (and I hate you for it)

My Myspace

Comment

Thanks for posting them

Comment

u missed alot of people, i have everyone in my blog. steal it frm http://blog.myspace.com/olympicboulevarde
                        Last edited by flowwer1; 04-14-2006, 07:47 PM.
                        http://myspace.com/olympicboulevarde

http://www.myfilehut.com - myFileHut.com is #1 for Free File and Image Hosting
                        http://board.rapbasement.com/showthread.php?t=257815

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Tim
                          Guys quit acting childish guessing whether the quotes contain spellling mistakes are fake or not, thats so stupid!!! All mesages come to one conclusion...
                          Proof RIP
                          couldn't have said it better myself.
                          "You wanna be the one in control
                          You wanna be the one who's alive
                          You wanna be the one who gets old
                          It's not a matter of luck - it's just a matter of time

Comment

props thanx so much
                            Life is short
                            so I live it how I want & tell you
                            sh!t you dont understand

revdaalkaholik=die
                            I AM A FEMALE
                            GO HEREMYSPACE.COM/HOPSIN & FACEBOOK.COM/HELLOHOPSIN
                            R.I.P BIG PROOF

1973-2006

Comment

Originally posted by flowwer1
                              u missed alot of people, i have everyone in my blog. steal it frm http://blog.myspace.com/olympicboulevarde
                              Cheers
                              My Pathetic Attempts at Humour:
                              The Misadventures of Ben

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by trueketosale, Today, 01:43 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes