D-12 in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-12 in Arizona

I was so excited to hear that D-12 would be stopping into Phoenix, let alone a club as tight as Celebrity Theatre...however, I must admit how disappointed I was to learn that Eminem will not be joining the group for the show Alas, I may never get to see the Real Slim Shady in person. But I digress...and I will still attend the show with my girlz, and live it up as D-12 would want me to :D Of course I will continue with the love and support, but SLIM...why can't ya come?!

Here I am, in front of the computer, snot dripping out of my nose, sucking on a lozenge for my sore throat. Thereís a bacteria infested hanky on my desk and every few minutes I must bring it up to my nose and wipe the gunk away. The skin on my nose is shreds and burns even more. Yes, Iím sick with the flu.

Just before I made my way to the computer, I had woken up and accidentally sneezed on The Age newspaper. I hope no one falls ill because of my careless spreading of germs. In the kitchen, I am scared to drink water for fear it might aggravate my aching throat. The strange thing is that hardly anyone seems to notice my sorry state. Dad just continues humming to himself, as he gets ready for departing to the city. Iíve tried walking directly in front of him to give him a whiff of a sick personís stench, but it has no effect. I suppose Iíll have to rely on the overhelpfulness of my grandparents, who seem to think that the more inhalation and gargling one does, the faster they get better.

Although they have far more years experience in such matters, they fail to realise that the clockwork of my body works differently. I despise inhalation and gargling, and for good reason too. It is a complete waste of time under my circumstances because no matter how much I do, there is no way my standard 3 days of flu related sickness could be shortened. Sure, primitive techniques such as this provide temporary relief Ė but then they just leave me feeling worse afterwards.
    My body and the clothes stuck on it are a gooey mess. There are patches of stickiness on the sleeves of my jacket. Anyone who comes near me now is likely to go away with their face covered with millions of thriving micro-organisms. UghÖ sickening isnít it? Its times like these that the paranoia kicks in.

The paranoia starts with a relatively harmless question: What ifÖ? And it cumulates with me surrounded by stacks of medical books. Leafing through each one of them. Trying to find out what Iíve really caught. Towards the end, the dark thoughts start coming: thoughts of death and doom, thoughts of people who have died from colds. Iíve always said that the best doctor is a sick one, because then they know EXACTLY what youíre going through. When someone is in great health itís hard to comprehend the misery someone like me is feeling. Self-wallowing thoughts simply donít enter your mind.

Being sick is also really depressing.

On every such occasion I promise myself to clean my room thoroughly, I set out a mental list of hygienic practices I must follow to minimise the chances of this happening again. Yet after every brainstorming process, once Iím all better, I slack off and wear the same undies for weeks. And now Iíve got to go get myself a new hanky; this one is saturated.

Comment

this kid is a fa-reak
      An MC to a degree that you can't get in college

Comment

very interesting
        Remember Big Proof

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post